Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Re: Christmas cards

Why! Oh! Why! did someone have to mention the dreaded C word!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:55 AM

I started a thread at the beginning of the year about not receiving cards from two friends of mine. One of them, I found out, definitely died but I still don't know a bout the other. I will send a card as usual this year and see what happens.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Have you noticed as the years roll on you no longer get Christmas cards from people you knew well years ago.

It makes me wonder if they are still alive not have got one from them last year. Do you carry on sending a card to them.
Maybe they have moved and you didn't know?
I have a list of people I send Christmas Cards to and it doesn't matter if they send me one or not I still send everybody on that list a card.

Over the years my list has got shorter as friends and relatives have died so, from memory, it is now down to about 15.

Seems little point in deleting names or not sending cards to the odd person that doesn't send me one, the list is short enough without making it shorter.
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
They aren’t the same. They are for the cheap and lazy sods.
What a pleasant post, some people are unable to get out to buy or post cards, others may not be able to afford to do so, the Jacquie Lawson e cards, mentioned in post 10, are a great way to send greetings, with many to choose from to suit every occasion, personally, I am happy to send and receive them throughout the year
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 01:13 PM

I do voluntary work for a local charity and last year we received many monetary donations from people who had elected not to send cards.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I do voluntary work for a local charity and last year we received many monetary donations from people who had elected not to send cards.
I have not sent cards for quite a few years preferring to make a charitable donation instead. At work my department has also stopped the insane “secret Santa” tradition in favour of donating £10 per person to a local charity
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Why! Oh! Why! did someone have to mention the dreaded C word!
I agree they want their mouths washed out with soap and water
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We send cards to those who have stopped sending them to us. Only for a couple of years though. After that, we assume they have moved or died.

We don't send eCards but I don't mind receiving them. The Jacquie Lawson animated ones are particularly good.

https://www.jacquielawson.com/

Mrs mart used to hand-make cards only for close friends and family but now she makes them for everyone. I design and print the inserts.
They are the best of the ecards - very skillfully produced - but I still prefer real ones!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree they want their mouths washed out with soap and water
cheers for that
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 09:51 PM

I still like Christmas cards and love to see them on the mantelpiece to brighten up the room.

Admittedly I quite understand that it can be expensive for some to pay the postage but I look on it that it only comes once a year.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top