Join for free
Page 345 of 370 « First < 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 07:29 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Funny that you mentioned cold weather running, OGF. I am back in Kansas where they high will be -8 today. I just can't (or won't) do it - just too much ice.

I know some prefer winter over summer when it comes to exercising but you can't dress for the risk of falling .

There must be a gym with a dreadmill around here somewhere!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Funny that you mentioned cold weather running, OGF. I am back in Kansas where they high will be -8 today. I just can't (or won't) do it - just too much ice.

I know some prefer winter over summer when it comes to exercising but you can't dress for the risk of falling .

There must be a gym with a dreadmill around here somewhere!
We've been lucky here this winter so far Surfermom, Sunday morning was actually the coldest morning this winter and although below freezing, it was dry and frosty, so not much ice except on the few puddles. The frost was quite crunchy underfoot, so actually gave some decent grip.

There are cold mornings that I wouldn't consider running on, one such morning was last winter where it had rained in the night and then dropped below freezing.
The result was that the roads and pavements (sidewalks) were just one sheet of shiny ice. I managed about 500 metres before I realised I was running on a skating rink. I actually had to hold on to the garden walls and slowly work my way back home...

I would always prefer to run in the heat rather than the cold....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:52 PM

It is 8:00 AM and I am decked out in my running gear, willing the sun to shine and raise the temperatures in the arctic-feeling prairie - with no success. I do want to get out there, but having frost-bitten my ears when I attended a hilltop university, exposure to extreme cold brings on incredible pain, like likes of which I usually ignore.

Pain and suffering in the name of fitness?

Or cozy about and give up bread for the day?

Decisions....decisions.

One month knocked off of winter - yay!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

28-01-2020, 04:57 AM

Alrighty. I am back home (again) after another marathon drive to Kansas and back and happily, it looks like I have no plans to run off until I get this winter blubber worked off. My eating habits have been horrible (blame my sweet mother for that) and now there is nothing between the me that is in here somewhere and thirty miles a week - aside from keeling over, that is.

I ran four terrible, sloppy miles today, but that will make it a lot easier to have a better performance tomorrow!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Alrighty. I am back home (again) after another marathon drive to Kansas and back and happily, it looks like I have no plans to run off until I get this winter blubber worked off. My eating habits have been horrible (blame my sweet mother for that) and now there is nothing between the me that is in here somewhere and thirty miles a week - aside from keeling over, that is.

I ran four terrible, sloppy miles today, but that will make it a lot easier to have a better performance tomorrow!
Haha, welcome back Surfermom, I suppose with all that eating you now look like 'Bella Emberg'....Not!
We're talking Stars and Stripes here Surfer....

Well done on the four struggling miles Surfermom, welcome to my world...
I set out at first light this morning and toe permitting managed a steady five.
Strange how the toe hurts when I walk on it, but virtually goes unnoticed after my first couple of miles of running.

With better weather on the horizon it's time we both put our shoulders to the wheel and started doing some quality training and inject some life into this neglected thread....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

28-01-2020, 06:32 PM

How in the world did you get that photo of me, OGF? You really should ask permission before outing me on the the forum though .

And though I do feel a little like that, minus the boots, the sun is out promising a nice - and lengthy - afternoon run.

I can't help but wonder what the science is behind that diminished pain when running. I wonder whether or not it is a primitive survival technique. One doesn't need to be thinking about achy feet when a sabertooth tiger is on one's heels.

Now back to the topic at hand which is daily exercise. There are some ladies on the forum who practice yoga daily. While I do it every once and again, I am not sure I participate enough to feel the benefits.

Just how flexible are you all out there?

Running report later...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:26 PM

I've just got home from my first ever Yoga class. It was tough but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm expecting to be walking like John Wayne in the morning as I was using muscles I've never used before lol

Afterwards I did a 20 minute power walk on the treadmill then finished off with a 30 minute swim.

I FEEL FABULOUS
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've just got home from my first ever Yoga class. It was tough but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm expecting to be walking like John Wayne in the morning as I was using muscles I've never used before lol

Afterwards I did a 20 minute power walk on the treadmill then finished off with a 30 minute swim.

I FEEL FABULOUS
I would feel exhausted LD, well done!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I would feel exhausted LD, well done!
Thanks Mags, I'm so glad to be back exercising but obviously using my noggin and not overdoing things. I felt so delicate after my diagnosis and was afraid to exercise but doc says it's fine as long as I'm not doing high intensity work like Spin and Running.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thanks Mags, I'm so glad to be back exercising but obviously using my noggin and not overdoing things. I felt so delicate after my diagnosis and was afraid to exercise but doc says it's fine as long as I'm not doing high intensity work like Spin and Running.
Yes, your diagnosis must have been a shock to you and you are doing right by gentle exercising.

Page 345 of 370 « First < 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top