Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 05:51 PM

Re: Contracts with Talktalk

It's ok, but there's no getting around the line rental, I wish there was as I rarely use the landline for calls.
I thought the were going to scrap it a while back but haven't heard anything since.
I would say that I get no problems with Talk Talk but, if I do I probably will, sod's law!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the reply TessA. I am not questioning the line rental, as I pay BT about £120 in one lump and I do save a few bob by doing this.
I have not had any problems with BT fibre, it's just that this deal would be so much cheaper. Now Looks like £30 a month with line rental paid.
Just a thought! If nothing gets changed, same line, same fibre, same phone, only paying to Talk talk for use of. Hmmm 🤔
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's ok, but there's no getting around the line rental, I wish there was as I rarely use the landline for calls.
I thought the were going to scrap it a while back but haven't heard anything since.
I would say that I get no problems with Talk Talk but, if I do I probably will, sod's law!
Tessa, only this week I have discovered that they have moved some of my contacts to my block senders list. Two of them were members on this site, so they are not shady characters (I hope). One was a close friend who is fighting cancer, and unknowingly I was unable to receive e mails from her. I have put the ones I am aware of back onto my list of people, that I will accept e mails from, but it took ages to discover who they had removed. They can't offer any explanation so I am writing to their head office to complain.
The customer service I have received from Talk Talk has been appalling and I have told them that, if I don't get a satisfactory reason why this has happened I will consider that they have broken their contract with me and leave, even though it was only renewed a few months ago.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Now my question is, how good is Talk talk service?
Reports indicate that it's between bad and appalling:

https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/talkt...nd-review.html

Ofcom's most recent study reveals they have the lowest call waiting times, for contacting customer services, of the major ISPs, just 47 seconds.

However, where they fell down was with their customer service advisors. They received the lowest satisfaction rate for how complaints were dealt with (51% versus a 56% average).
After the October 2015 cyber attack on TalkTalk, the company said that it was far less serious than first suspected, and their security was "head and shoulders" above that of their competitors.

The Information Commissioner's Office seem to have disagreed, as they fined the ISP a record £400,000, saying that the attack "could have been prevented if TalkTalk had taken basic steps to protect customers' information".

Given the number of breaches in so short a period, it's not surprising that many customers lost faith in TalkTalk's ability to protect them and their data - and that's when the customer service issues began to crop up again.

Understandably shaken by the thought of large amounts of personal information having been accessed, those who said they wanted to leave were told they would still be charged penalty fees if they had time left on their contracts.
The then incumbent and incompetent CEO, Dido Harding, finally "stood down" in February this year, so maybe service is improving .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Now my question is, how good is Talk talk service?
Reports indicate that it's between bad and appalling:

https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/talkt...nd-review.html

Ofcom's most recent study reveals they have the lowest call waiting times, for contacting customer services, of the major ISPs, just 47 seconds.

However, where they fell down was with their customer service advisors. They received the lowest satisfaction rate for how complaints were dealt with (51% versus a 56% average).
After the October 2015 cyber attack on TalkTalk, the company said that it was far less serious than first suspected, and their security was "head and shoulders" above that of their competitors.

The Information Commissioner's Office seem to have disagreed, as they fined the ISP a record £400,000, saying that the attack "could have been prevented if TalkTalk had taken basic steps to protect customers' information".

Given the number of breaches in so short a period, it's not surprising that many customers lost faith in TalkTalk's ability to protect them and their data - and that's when the customer service issues began to crop up again.

Understandably shaken by the thought of large amounts of personal information having been accessed, those who said they wanted to leave were told they would still be charged penalty fees if they had time left on their contracts.
The then incumbent and incompetent CEO, Dido Harding, finally "stood down" in February this year, so maybe service will improve .....
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 08:23 PM

Well it's a No no for me. I have just been talking to my SIL and his parents live just down the road from me, and have had nothing but problems with Talk talk.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 08:17 AM

I was with talk talk for 4 years and paid bills direct debit monthly. Trying to leave them was a nightmare, they also told me I had to pay for the month after the contract ended and they would refund me the month after that. Dealing with their customer services is terrible with very rude staff.
I would not touch them with a barge pole even if they offered me their services for free. I hate them.
kim1961
Herefordshire
kim1961 is female  kim1961 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:28 AM

I'm looking at whether to leave talktalk atm. They've offered me line rental and no calls ( i dont use my landline) + b/b for £18.95 a month. I'm not sure if thats any good? What do you all think?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by kim1961 ->
I'm looking at whether to leave talktalk atm. They've offered me line rental and no calls ( i dont use my landline) + b/b for £18.95 a month. I'm not sure if thats any good? What do you all think?
If that is (genuinely) unlimited broadband usage then it's really good.
I was a customer of talk talk eons ago...vowed I would never go back
kim1961
Herefordshire
kim1961 is female  kim1961 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 12:56 PM

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broa...FbQw0wodDlUNJw

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top