Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Whom and how should I give money to someone?

I have some cash which I don't need.

All the money in my bank is allocated to various people and organisations.

I guess I'm asking which charity/organisation I should give this money to whilst being sure that they will be responsible with it.

If the Police catch me with that money it may seem suspicious to them, but I have receipts that show where I got it from. Amount is just over £1000.

Edit: I've just via a phone call had it confirmed that Lothian cat rescue will happily take it.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:18 PM

Re: Whom and how should I give money to someone?

I accept cash or Paypal
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Why would the Police be interested in how much money You have Ffosse?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:28 PM

If I was outside, alone very late at night and got stopped by the Police for any reason, the Police would want to know where the money had come from.

I've had Police in my house before who,on a different matter, wanted to know where 2 grand had come from.

There have been different occasions in my life where I didn't trust banks, and most people paid me in cash.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I have some cash which I don't need.

All the money in my bank is allocated to various people and organisations.

I guess I'm asking which charity/organisation I should give this money to whilst being sure that they will be responsible with it.

If the Police catch me with that money it may seem suspicious to them, but I have receipts that show where I got it from. Amount is just over £1000.

Edit: I've just via a phone call had it confirmed that Lothian cat rescue will happily take it.
Cat rescue is a good choice. Glad that is sorted.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Yeah, me too. I agonised over whom to give it to. Some people wanted it via machine or bank transfer which wasn't really on. I wasn't going to put it in the bank just to take it out again.

But the lady I spoke with on the phone was friendly and didn't ask many questions. No doubt she is delighted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 07:41 PM

Yeah, me too. I agonised over whom to give it to. Some people wanted it via machine or bank transfer which wasn't really on. I wasn't going to put it in the bank just to take it out again.

But the lady I spoke with on the phone was friendly and didn't ask many questions. No doubt she is delighted.
I'm sure she is. I trust the small charities more than the big ones.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 07:50 PM

Can't you just keep it safe somewhere Ffosse, or let somebody you really trust look after it? When you are well again you could probably use it for a really nice holiday somewhere.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:02 PM

If I was outside, alone very late at night and got stopped by the Police for any reason, the Police would want to know where the money had come from..
If you were outside, alone, late at night with £1000 in your pocket you'd frankly be a bit of a fool !

Why would you want to carry it with you?

Just put is somewhere safe and secret at home.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If you were outside, alone, late at night with £1000 in your pocket you'd frankly be a bit of a fool !

Why would you want to carry it with you?

Just put is somewhere safe and secret at home.
It was hypothetical.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top