Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:43 PM

Re: Preventing type 2 diabetes!

Week Five

Forgot to post this last Thursday - something called 'Christmas' keeps looming in the way. However - nothing new to learn. We were arranged in groups and given a quiz to see how much (or not) we had remembered from all that we have learned over the last six weeks. It was really good.

Have lost another kilo! Next week is another exercise session.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Well done ST sounds like a useful course.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Week Five

Forgot to post this last Thursday - something called 'Christmas' keeps looming in the way. However - nothing new to learn. We were arranged in groups and given a quiz to see how much (or not) we had remembered from all that we have learned over the last six weeks. It was really good.

Have lost another kilo! Next week is another exercise session.
Correction - that was Week six!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Week seven

This was the last of the weekly sessions. The first hour was taken up with reviewing what we had already learned and a brief outline of what is to come in the monthly sessions in the New Year. We also had an opportunity of a one to one chat with the coach/tutor/facilitator. I have lost a further 4lbs in weight - which I find amazing as I have had two meals out this week!

The second hour was going through the exercise programme again and setting goals for the next session - on January 16th.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-01-2020, 10:16 PM

Monthly session 1(of 4)

Having completed all the Nutritional aspects - we now move on to the Psychology!

Tonight was all about looking at values and obstacles - and how they relate to goal setting.

We also had to identify 'habits' - both good and bad - and learn how to change them.

The tutor/facilitator/coach is so enthusiastic he really makes the sessions a pleasure
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

13-02-2020, 10:29 PM

Monthly session 2

Tonight was all about Sleep. The tutor was horrified when I said I had not been to bed nor even had a nap since Tuesday! He reeled of about a dozen good reasons why I should not do this - but - it is something I have always done as far back as I can remember. If I am doing something interesting, or working to a deadline, or even just reading a good book, I become totally absorbed and lose track of time. When I do sleep - I sleep very deeply for about five and half hours - you could march a brass band through the bedroom and I would not wake!

According to the tutor - we should develope 'bedtime routines' - always go to bed at the same time, turn off computers, TVs, mobile 'phones, etc., an hour before going to bed. Keep the bedroom cool and make sure it is totally dark by having 'blackout' linings made for our curtains. Have a relaxing bath/shower before going to bed. Wear loose clothing in bed. If unable to sleep - do not clock watch. Try a quiet activity such as reading or listen to soft music until feeling sleepy.

Try to sleep for between 7 and 9 hours per night. I would find that physically impossible.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 11:05 PM

I have been T-2 diabetic for the last 11 years. I'm sure the cause was my normal diet. My entire life I have always had a problem putting weight on. It didn't matter what I ate: pastas, pizza, pies, cakes, Hershey bars, Pepsi by the quart, it would take me many months to gain a single pound. I figured that I was immune to any diseases. Wrong ! In 2009, my PCP told me I had T-2 diabetes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top