Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 10:26 AM

A Wet Fiesta

I have a 2005, 2 - door Fiesta in good condition, and has only done about 38,000 miles

For the past few months I've had a suspicion that it was letting in water

A combination of a cold and the wet & windy weather means I've hardly been out anywhere, and the car has just been left unused on the car park for several days

Now the recent heavy rain has confirmed things -
The footwells are soaked, especially the passenger side

Has anyone else experienced this, please?
Have you any idea what the fault is, and more importantly, have you any idea how to cure it?

Thanks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 10:49 AM

Re: A Wet Fiesta

Sorry about your problem, Zulu.
I am wondering if water is getting in along the gap where the bonnet hinges, is that possible?
Only other thing I can think of is the windscreen rubber seal needs replacing?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 10:58 AM

I have 2005 Renault Clio, which lets in water through the sunroof. I should check the channels and the seal on it, but I just can't be bothered. What I do is cover the sunroof with a thick windshield cover, and then secure it with some bungee cords. That keeps it reasonably dry. My mileage is 43,000, not bad for its age. Trouble with these problems for the laymen is, garages can't be bothered with doing them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 11:20 AM

Check whether the tops of the doors are sealing properly. Over time, the door rubbers become compacted and not as flexible as they were when new.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 12:23 PM

As Judd says, seals around doors and windows. Make sure guttersa re not blocked (if you have them). Are there any rubber grommets loose or missing under the bonnet grill (by the wipers)?

It's quite normal for water to get inside doors but it drains out of the holes in the bottom of the door. Could these be blocked?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 12:49 PM

Edd China on Wheeler Dealers used some sort of smoke machine, placed in the vehicle, and looked for escapes around the seals, not sure if normal service centres have this sort of equipment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Edd China on Wheeler Dealers used some sort of smoke machine, placed in the vehicle, and looked for escapes around the seals, not sure if normal service centres have this sort of equipment.
Not a bad idea actually. Fag anyone?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not a bad idea actually. Fag anyone?
Was waiting for that.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 07:14 PM

Check the scuttle drain holes aren’t clogged with carp ( below the windscreen where the wipers sit) . And as others say sunroof drains ( if you have one) a good way to check is to sit in the car while someone sprays water over the car, you might spot where it’s coming in, also check the coolant, it’s not unknown for the heater matrix to leak

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top