Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:58 AM

Re: Silly, ridiculous, stupid injuries.

Ooo, that sounds painful...and irritating. If you are going to be injured, there should at least be a good story to go along with it. Right? Mountain climbing, rugby, wrestling bears...

For all the mildly risky things I do to my poor body from surfing in stormy waves to running long distances on uneven ground,I seem to bang myself up when walking more than anything else.

There I am strolling along, not a hazard in sight and then WHAM! I'm down.

And, there's always, always a witness.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A lobster went to a dance and managed to pull a mussel
I laughed!..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Got any Deep Heat or similar?

You can get Deep Heat spray on prescription now, that means it's free for the over 60s. Ms d00d gets me to spray it on her back. She got two free tins recently for a frozen shoulder which has since been miraculously fixed with a steroid injection.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:15 AM

I was acting the fool with my little grandson on a trampoline a while ago and pulled a muscle in my back ...ended up with physiotherapy ....it took ages to get better. I stay clear of trampolines now
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 10:14 AM

I have had a lot of problems with my knees, after kneeling to clean out a cupboard I had 3 months of pain due to a torn meniscus.

To slow down the progression of a health condition I began doing daily exercises and that seems to have strengthened my knees/hips/back so I get less twinges .

I am still prone to falling over things though and have had a couple of tumbles in the field recently but thankfully the damage was minimal because I was well padded with clothes.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:22 PM

I love the way they used Lego to tell the story, Bruce. Brilliant!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:24 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I see now that it isn't just me that gets silly injuries which means I won't get so annoyed about it when it happens.

Another thing I did about a year ago was to jog round to the shop, ten minutes before it was due to close but I went in my slippers. My left foot sort of slipped a little bit on the wet floor but nothing major. My toe on that foot has hurt ever since but it comes and goes (the ache not the toe).

I have always found that Volterol cream works quite well on pulled muscles but didn't really worked on my hip.

Anyway, it does seem a little better today so hopefully it's healing up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor Dongle.

When my back aches, I stick a hot water bottle down the back of my trousers when I'm sitting down, it soothes it a lot.

Got any Deep Heat or similar? If it doesn't go away in a few days, I'd pay a visit to an osteopath or chiropractor if I were you. Google McTimonay practitioners in your area, see if there is someone.

Failing that, me and Tabby can come and walk up and down on you if you feel that might help?
I might keep the pretence up a while longer in that case.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:41 AM

If I stretch my legs too much I can displace a ligament in my ankle, which is agony until I manage to get it back in place. Or I get cramp in the backs of my lower legs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top