Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 11:49 AM

Re: Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Beats me as well.He could not have been happily married all those years keeping that secret. Obviously his marriage vows meant nothing, just words
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:02 PM

It must be so tough being a father, a husband and a celebrity always in the public eye to come out and admit to what Schofield has today.

Kudos to him, it must have been very difficult after all these years.

I've read about it in the news just now and heard his interview, how he already told his wife and kids and they have known for some time, but although most likely OK for his kids to accept, his Mrs must feel like she doesn't known him at all, that's the real tragedy.

Well, I guess you can't lie to yourself or to those you love forever at least he has done the right thing and now they can all move on.

But what about Gordon the Gopher, how does he feel ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:15 PM

Being Gay must still class as being wrong hence all this coming out stuff. I don't remember 'Coming Out' when I realised I loved women more than blokes.

I don't think being Gay will ever be accepted as normal while ever you have to 'Come Out'...No matter what the snowflakes want us to believe....

Personally I say good luck to the bloke, but sorry for his missus....It's one thing leaving your wife for another woman, but to leave her for a bloke.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
He is a brave man after all these years of a happy marriage.

Maybe Philip has been in denial all these years and was finding it difficult to accept he was gay at the time. Thank goodness he has an understanding and loving wife and daughters who will stand by him.
I agree Mags I know a couple of gay people one a vet who only had the courage to 'come out' in later life .

There was a time when there was little choice, people made the best of their situation and married the opposite sex rather than spend a lifetime alone. Thank goodness they now have that choice.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:26 PM

I'd say he is Bi-sexual, as he's spent all those years with his wife. He'd probably never, until recently, met a man & fell in love with him.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I'd say he is Bi-sexual, as he's spent all those years with his wife. He'd probably never, until recently, met a man & fell in love with him.
That did cross my mind too Tiff.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It must be so tough being a father, a husband and a celebrity always in the public eye to come out and admit to what Schofield has today.

Kudos to him, it must have been very difficult after all these years.

I've read about it in the news just now and heard his interview, how he already told his wife and kids and they have known for some time, but although most likely OK for his kids to accept, his Mrs must feel like she doesn't known him at all, that's the real tragedy.

Well, I guess you can't lie to yourself or to those you love forever at least he has done the right thing and now they can all move on.

But what about Gordon the Gopher, how does he feel ?

There's a joke there but.... better not.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:36 PM

How can his poor wife and daughter live with such a betrayal.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
That did cross my mind too Tiff.
We all have the ability to fall in love with a male or a female, whether we are heterosexual or not. True gays only like their own sex, but I bet there are lots of people who have been drawn to a member of their own sex, even if they are totally heterosexual. I know I have. Didn't do anything about it though, she would have been horrified.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We all have the ability to fall in love with a male or a female, whether we are heterosexual or not. True gays only like their own sex, but I bet there are lots of people who have been drawn to a member of their own sex, even if they are totally heterosexual. I know I have. Didn't do anything about it though, she would have been horrified.:lol:

Seriously though Tiff, I can honestly say I have never, ever been attracted to someone of the same sex sexually. I have thought how this woman, that woman is lovely looking but to go with them sexually, no way. I am only attracted sexually to men.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top