Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 10:04 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg - Time Person of the Year

Originally Posted by galty ->
Look on the bright side in a 100 years that earth will wash over to Holland build the land up there as its being doing for centuries
Yes that's right Galty.....I hope the Dutch appreciate their good fortune.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 11:42 PM

Climatologist, what the heck?, a nice little earner, what an anti climax.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 10:27 AM

Hey Foxy --- what's the source of your copied article "from a real climatologist"?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hey Foxy --- what's the source of your copied article "from a real climatologist"?
Here she is Todger.....Judith Curry.....

Judith A. Curry is an American climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Wikipedia
Born: 1953 (age 67 years)
Education: Northern Illinois University, The University of Chicago

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Here she is Todger.....Judith Curry.....

Judith A. Curry is an American climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Wikipedia
Born: 1953 (age 67 years)
Education: Northern Illinois University, The University of Chicago

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours....
Sorry OGF, someone financed by "big oil" and other fossil fuel producers is a lousy source.

The reports by this woman fly in the face of the vast majority of independent climate scientists, I believe it's more than 95% or so of all climate scientists.

It's on a par with scientists supported by Tobacco industries who for years turned out "findings" showing that tobacco was perfectly harmless.

Shame that cancers, emphysema, bronchitis and it's spin offs hadn't been listening.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-01-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sorry OGF, someone financed by "big oil" and other fossil fuel producers is a lousy source.

The reports by this woman fly in the face of the vast majority of independent climate scientists, I believe it's more than 95% or so of all climate scientists.

It's on a par with scientists supported by Tobacco industries who for years turned out "findings" showing that tobacco was perfectly harmless.

Shame that cancers, emphysema, bronchitis and it's spin offs hadn't been listening.

It's nothing remotely close to the tobacco scandal Todger, you are using the high moral ground to score points.....

Now it's your turn to name your climate scientists and their theories....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-01-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

It's nothing remotely close to the tobacco scandal Todger, you are using the high moral ground to score points.....

Now it's your turn to name your climate scientists and their theories....
Yikes! Where to start!

How about someone from Universität Been, Stefan Brönnimann? He's published a number of reviewed papers supporting and explaining anthropogenic driven global climate change?

But he's just one of the now overwhelming majority of those totally rejecting the opinions being put about denying anthropogenic global climate change, one that I picked at random.

Maybe best to look at the learned institutions and academic forums such as those that have papers published in Nature of which the issue dated 25 July last year is but one.

(in case you're unaware for a paper to be published it must have passed rigorous and competitive peer review before being accepted)

There's now absolutely no question that we are breaking the environment. A few scientists have sold out to industry or to sell books but they represent the noise on the graph trace. They provide comfort for people who don't want to face the truth just as did the scientists who had sold out to the tobacco industry churned out pure BS to keep up tobacco sales and for long enough others such as those who refused to recognise the toxic effects of tetraethyl lead in petrol or just how carcinogenic certain forms of asbestos are.

So sorry but anthropogenic global climate change is actually undeniable and VERY real but there ARE remedial steps than can and must be taken

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top