Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Re: Don't get older or become infirm so need social care …

It seems it,s a 'crime' to get old and not be able to fend for yourself.
When I had a second heart attack just over a year ago I was put in a ward and left wired up to a monitor for four hours. I was then told "Everything is back to normal now, you can go home" I was then taken to the A&E waiting room and left to make my own way home . I had to hire a taxi.
I am not one of those that can afford private treatment and why should I as for the whole of my working life I paid into a scheme that promised to care for you from the cradle to the grave.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Immigrants with big families draining OUR Benefits services. Many that engage in first cousin breeding and on occasions with even closer relations.

This results in a big hit because of genetic disorders.

Far too easy to elect not to work, get tax payers money, so tax payers have to pay people to do what the bone idle should be doing.

Breakdown of family responsibilities but that's a thing that folk our age must take some responsibility for, we spoiled the little sods so many of us bred. They then perpetuated the break up by doing the same to their kids.

There's a need for a big time restructuring of how particularly old people in need are supported. I'm thinking communal living with work for those who can work to defray the costs and yes, I'm thinking modern day houses of industry.

A good first step will be to make a real effort to purge our country of illegals, and make the won't work lot HAVE to work if work is available that they could do - or off onto the street.

It's going to have to happen and soon.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
It seems it,s a 'crime' to get old and not be able to fend for yourself.
When I had a second heart attack just over a year ago I was put in a ward and left wired up to a monitor for four hours. I was then told "Everything is back to normal now, you can go home" I was then taken to the A&E waiting room and left to make my own way home . I had to hire a taxi.
I am not one of those that can afford private treatment and why should I as for the whole of my working life I paid into a scheme that promised to care for you from the cradle to the grave.
Sorry, you paid into nothing. You paid to fund the budget for that tax year.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:34 PM

Re: shropshiregirl – post #20

I wholeheartedly agree with your post, it's appalling the way older people are treated. It's been since 2012 that age discrimination has been illegal and yet it seems to be prevalent in many areas. Good for you for having a go at those who treated you so badly, I would have done the same too.

Just out of curiosity I checked out various websites about ageism and found one, Age UK, that pointed out exactly what ageism is and for anyone interested the link is below:

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information...rights/ageism/
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:36 PM

AT. As I said before "I paid into a scheme that promised to care for me from the cradle to the grave.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
AT. As I said before "I paid into a scheme that promised to care for me from the cradle to the grave.
So did I, but schemes can & do go astray.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Todger, lm sure the NHI was promoted as, and indeed actually
was funded by a dedicated system of funding in which every
working person in uk had money deducted from theiir pay
packet every week to cover the health requiremens of their families!
If this system was changed, (and l believe it was), When was it
changed, and WHY was it changed??
Surely a dedicated system is the only way to be sure where the
money is going? Could this be the the real reason for the changes??

Regards Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 01:00 PM

.Since 1911, then expanded in 1948, We have all paid into the National Insurance scheme to take care of pensioners during our working lives, and so it has always been, this working generation is paying for our state pensions.
This would be okay if successive Government's hadn't continually amended the scheme, making it difficult to operate it in a diligent manner.

And now they have the cheek to class it as a 'benefit'.
big ben
United Kingdom

19-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Tiffany.
Agreed but I wonder why' if I were living in a nursing home and became ill a doctor would visit me but living on my own would be unable to get a visit from a doctor.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We all paid our taxes into the government coffers and in return it was for 'care from the cradle to the grave'. Call it what you want but it's no different to paying into a private insurance scheme for healthcare and pension. Payments go to that company to pay out in the event if a claim if it's illness and for a pension when the age of retirement is reached.

Had older people been treated by any insurance company in the way the government seem to be intent on treating us, it would be classed as fraud!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top