Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Re: spot the danger - Brazil style

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Also another plug and socket within arms reach of the taps
UK electrical regs state that an electrical socket must be at least 300mm from a sink / basin / draining board. The 'arms reach' old rule used to be for things like a gas boiler installed in a bathroom adjacent to a shower / bath. ( when I was at work, I went by that too ) That has been superceded too.

https://www.procertssoftware.com/blo...sink-the-facts
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:26 PM

Cant see its head Realspeed but could be a mina birdl
I must say that complex you stayed in looks real cool bet you
enjoyed you enjoyed your stay?

Regards Donkeyman!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
More dangerous than a couple of dodgy plugs then.
Dodgy plugs are a work-around, dodgy place to stay isn't
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Cant see its head Realspeed but could be a mina birdl
I must say that complex you stayed in looks real cool bet you
enjoyed you enjoyed your stay?

Regards Donkeyman!

Sons wife her father is head honcho of two masonic lodges and we went to an after meeting get together as well. If I said all the very top business men of San Paulo were there i wouldn't be far wrong. We were treated like honoured guests.

At the bungalow lots of daughter in laws friends kept turning up and the Brazilian young ladies are enough to make you go blind. oh the pools were in full use most of the time.

D-in-Law was even asked to be one of the governors of San Paulo but she turned it down afraid of going against the maffia and disappearing forever
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
story for you of me being extremely worried at first.

WE decided (sue -myself -son and his wife) the 4 of us to go out one evening for a burger.
So we went to this house and the drive had a couple of snooker tables and at the back was a counter, totally covered it all was. Think of a narrow back street that was dark and how dangerous places like this area is in Brazil.

On the pavement each side of the drive were table and chairs. On one table were six or seven rough looking guys all tattooed up drinking beer out of bottles and women there as well.

Bloody hell you think I am getting out of the car, no bloody way.

It took a lot of persuading and eventually I got out and crossed the road towards them. never thought i would even walk again if I opened my mouth, never been so worried in my life.

Anyway go over there and what a hell of a shock, yes a real shock. All those outside at the table worked for her father and the guy running the bar, the property again was rented from her father.

to give better idea

Have you ever been hugged by 6 or 7 big strong building type worker guys and the women, talk about a welcome, like being part of a long lost family meeting. Just shows how wrong one can be on first impressions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How my son got to know her is another story and eventually marry her. Have to say we were vetted as to who we were for their daughter , her parents were worried naturally. When they found out we had our own business we were ok apparently.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 06:46 AM

yes it is a type of heater on that tap. makes you shudder thinking about it.
Hang on! do you know if the neutral is earthed? It might be a balanced supply. If neutral is not earthed then there is no danger to/from the nearby water supply.

Personally I think the UK's cheap and nasty ring main system with 32 amp fuses is far more dangerous. You have to have a fuse in each appliance for a reason.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Hang on! do you know if the neutral is earthed? It might be a balanced supply. If neutral is not earthed then there is no danger to/from the nearby water supply.

Personally I think the UK's cheap and nasty ring main system with 32 amp fuses is far more dangerous. You have to have a fuse in each appliance for a reason.
Bruce this is in BRAZIL, not my country nor my property, so how would I know. Read the heading
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Thats why uk now has the earth leakage system Brucy? No fuses.
This can be a nuisance with poorly installed systems in damp or
wet conditions,( kitchens etc) as if the water connects with the
earth the system immediately trips, and so unless the fault is
found it cannot be reset!
I think you are out of date with your ideas of uk electrics?
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

12-12-2019, 11:17 AM

Bruce this is in BRAZIL, not my country nor my property, so how would I know. Read the heading
Are you sure your daughters FIL is not really the godfather
Realspeed?
Donkeyman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:28 AM

Sons wife her father is head honcho of two masonic lodges and we went to an after meeting get together as well. If I said all the very top business men of San Paulo were there i wouldn't be far wrong. We were treated like honoured guests.

At the bungalow lots of daughter in laws friends kept turning up and the Brazilian young ladies are enough to make you go blind. oh the pools were in full use most of the time.

D-in-Law was even asked to be one of the governors of San Paulo but she turned it down afraid of going against the maffia and disappearing forever
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
story for you of me being extremely worried at first.

WE decided (sue -myself -son and his wife) the 4 of us to go out one evening for a burger.
So we went to this house and the drive had a couple of snooker tables and at the back was a counter, totally covered it all was. Think of a narrow back street that was dark and how dangerous places like this area is in Brazil.

On the pavement each side of the drive were table and chairs. On one table were six or seven rough looking guys all tattooed up drinking beer out of bottles and women there as well.

Bloody hell you think I am getting out of the car, no bloody way.

It took a lot of persuading and eventually I got out and crossed the road towards them. never thought i would even walk again if I opened my mouth, never been so worried in my life.

Anyway go over there and what a hell of a shock, yes a real shock. All those outside at the table worked for her father and the guy running the bar, the property again was rented from her father.

to give better idea

Have you ever been hugged by 6 or 7 big strong building type worker guys and the women, talk about a welcome, like being part of a long lost family meeting. Just shows how wrong one can be on first impressions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How my son got to know her is another story and eventually marry her. Have to say we were vetted as to who we were for their daughter , her parents were worried naturally. When they found out we had our own business we were ok apparently.
Yep! Having your own business would do the trick, that's why you were treated like Royalty. It's a good job you weren't a measly employee.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Are you sure your daughters FIL is not really the godfather
Realspeed?
Donkeyman!
What.... James Brown?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top