Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 08:09 PM

Re: The Kindness Of Strangers

Sorry, but sitting here in my lovely warm home with the wind howling outside, with never having to worry about where my next penny is coming from, my heart goes out to all those living on the streets, in decrepid, damp and disgusting private dwellings, those living in temporary accommodation or bed & breakfast accommodation. Every time I read about them or see them on my television screens. I always count my blessings.

I don't think we should class every person listed as homeless as workshy scroungers. Terrible things happen in life that puts many of those same people in the position they find themselves in now, women fleeing domestic violence with their children, women deserted and unable to pay their rent, ex-forces personnel who have fought for this country but suffering from PTS, their marriage breaks up and they have to revert to living on the streets. So many sad stories out there.

We know there are also the scroungers who could work if they chose to, but how does one choose who is deserving and who isn't unless one knows them personally? Thank goodness there are organisations out there to help such unfortunate people.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Handing out tax payers money is being done in a FAR to lax way. As for the "less fortunate" if they can work then they should work and if work that they can do but chose not to is there then simple.

No work - no cash.
There you go again with your obsessive ranting .
The post I began this thread with was about an unfortunate woman whose precarious health issues led to her unfortunate circumstances and the Kindness Of Stangers who were made aware of her plight .
Thank goodness for those sort of people .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
There you go again with your obsessive ranting .
The post I began this thread with was about an unfortunate woman whose precarious health issues led to her unfortunate circumstances and the Kindness Of Stangers who were made aware of her plight .
Thank goodness for those sort of people .
Why should any taxes that I might pay be GIVEN as a HAND OUT to anyone who won't even TRY to help themselves?

In this particular case there is no excuse for her predicament because if her son had stepped up to the mark she would not be in the state that she is - if indeed this is a true story and not political fiction.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry, but sitting here in my lovely warm home with the wind howling outside, with never having to worry about where my next penny is coming from, my heart goes out to all those living on the streets, in decrepid, damp and disgusting private dwellings, those living in temporary accommodation or bed & breakfast accommodation. Every time I read about them or see them on my television screens. I always count my blessings.

I don't think we should class every person listed as homeless as workshy scroungers. Terrible things happen in life that puts many of those same people in the position they find themselves in now, women fleeing domestic violence with their children, women deserted and unable to pay their rent, ex-forces personnel who have fought for this country but suffering from PTS, their marriage breaks up and they have to revert to living on the streets. So many sad stories out there.

We know there are also the scroungers who could work if they chose to, but how does one choose who is deserving and who isn't unless one knows them personally? Thank goodness there are organisations out there to help such unfortunate people.

According to the "tale" they're not living on the street, they're not homeless, they're in temporary accomadation.

For those who have CHOSEN to live in the gutter then some form of first aid should be provided - but first aid ONLY. The vagrancy act should be getting used. It's time to clean our streets.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why should any taxes that I might pay be GIVEN as a HAND OUT to anyone who won't even TRY to help themselves?

In this particular case there is no excuse for her predicament because if her son had stepped up to the mark she would not be in the state that she is - if indeed this is a true story and not political fiction.
That might be your opinion which of course you’re entitled to but the money given was a result of donations ,not your taxes and to suggest that a Charity helping the people of Grimsby is involved , a place I have no connection to in case you’re wondering , is nothing less than foul minded .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:46 AM

It must grim than living in the aptly name Grimsby .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

09-12-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It must grim than living in the aptly name Grimsby .
If OUR fishing industry and fishing grounds had not been given to the EU it would not have been anywhere near as grim as it is.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top