Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:09 PM

Re: Guess What Dropped On My Doormat This Morning?!

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've done four too, your heart sinks each time you get one doesn't it.... I wouldn't ignore them though.

Me too I hope you get sorted soon Omah.
Many thanks .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:59 AM

There's been much publicity, this week, about Men being too Wimpish to go through with Prostate Check ups.

One broadcast expert said that women are much better at getting their "bits" checked out, than men, because they are more used to having to do that.

Doesn't this topic show a slightly different situation?

There seems to be as many women refusing to do this bowel test as there are men.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 09:26 AM

Why on earth would anyone man or woman not do someone that may give them a longer less painful life .
None of us are going to get out of here alive but it would be better to go in due time not prematurely to some horrible condition .
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why on earth would anyone man or woman not do someone that may give them a longer less painful life .
None of us are going to get out of here alive but it would be better to go in due time not prematurely to some horrible condition .
Exactly,I had the finger up the back passage,I no longer have a prostate,importantly I no longer have cancer,simples.
Back to the topic,is the test annually sent out,I had one last year for my 60th.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:50 PM

A bit of a panic...l was doing the bowel test last night and got two cardboard sticks provided ready to take some bits to smear on the card.

When it came to the second smear, one of the sticks was missing! I searched everywhere and l couldn’t find the stick. I can only think it’s gone down the toilet!

I read on the instruction sheet that these sticks must not be put down the toilet. I have a no return valve in my sewer chamber. Do you think it will block my pipes?

Please a don’t laugh, l am really serious and worried!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A bit of a panic...l was doing the bowel test last night and got two cardboard sticks provided ready to take some bits to smear on the card.

When it came to the second smear, one of the sticks was missing! I searched everywhere and l couldn’t find the stick. I can only think it’s gone down the toilet!

I read on the instruction sheet that these sticks must not be put down the toilet. I have a no return valve in my sewer chamber. Do you think it will block my pipes?

Please a don’t laugh, l am really serious and worried!
Oops.... no idea Art, but probably not. You do realise you're going to get all sort of comments
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oops.... no idea Art, but probably not. You do realise you're going to get all sort of comments
Pesta, Ha Ha! Great!
If it makes light of this embarrassing, yet serious subject then it’s good!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 12:02 AM

Prostate cancer is one I got tested at 50... I have enough to face currently.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 12:09 AM

I have a no return valve in my sewer chamber. Do you think it will block my pipes?
AFAIK, a non-return valve in your chamber is there to prevent backflow and rats getting into your pipes .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

10-02-2018, 12:17 AM

If your sticks are the same as my sticks then I think yours will get soggy and be discharged as normal waste - IIRC, the sticks are only 3" or so long.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top