Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:09 AM

Re: How many times a night...

There are a few reasons we go to pee in the middle of the night.
They have been mentioned on the above posts.
Think it best for any man who goes to the toilet a few times a night
and has not just drunk 12 pints of beer before bedtime to get a blood test for diabetes and prostrate trouble.
My Brother was going to the loo at night time and found out he had
Prostrate cancer and had an op and is still here 6 years later without
any problems. My Sister in Law was going to the toilet a lot and found
out she had Diabetes so it applies to us all really. It is not just for old
people. I am old and I don't go to the toilet in the night but I don't
drink a lot for a few hours before I go to bed either.
Good luck for your hubby Carole.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:33 AM

If you have a problem switch to a wine made from the new grape variety "Pinot more"
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 11:11 AM

Yes Carol, I get up about 4 times in the night, which is due to my Diabetes.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 12:50 PM

I get up twice.. But I drink a lot of water.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Do you have to get up for a pee?
I ask out of genuine interest because my hubby is up two or three times every night- but myself, I don't have to get up at all.
I just wondered about other people.. Is it normal as we get older?
Hi Carol - it may be worth yer Hubs taking 'Saw Palmetto' capsules - its of well known benefit for prostate control. I got some for Hubs years ago, still takes one daily
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 07:47 PM

Just a note of caution on using a herbal remedy, the cause of frequent trips to the loo at night would need to be confirmed before deciding to use traditional or alternative medication, there are different reasons for prostate enlargement and the correct diagnosis would need to come first, if indeed that is the reason.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:12 PM

Thanks for the replies everybody. He's going for a PSA blood test next week. I think this is to detect prostate problems.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for the replies everybody. He's going for a PSA blood test next week. I think this is to detect prostate problems.
Just an update on the Saw Palmeto - its a prevention remedy - so if yer Hubs gets the all clear on the Prostate I recommend them Carol
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 07:48 AM

Dr Ablin, the doctor who discovered PSA, has been at pains to point out that PSA testing was never meant to be a diagnostic test. He has been very critical of companies who have made a fortune from unnecessary testing and treatment in the USA.

Check the implications very carefully with the doc before proceeding.

I've always had to get up during the night - I think I just have a low storage capacity! This seems to be wired into my brain, so when I wake, I pop to the bathroom even though I rarely need to go.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
If you have a problem switch to a wine made from the new grape variety "Pinot more"
Fantastic VM - made I laugh out loud! Permission to use that gag down the pub?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top