Join for free
Page 10 of 56 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:09 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Another here

https://healthfreedomidaho.org/pro-v...he-flu-vaccine

Pro-Vaccine Medical Doctor and Scientist Speaks Out on Fraud of the Flu Vaccine

"Dr. Mark Geier explains the fraud behind the flu vaccine. Dr. Geier is NOT anti-vaccine. He is an M.D. and has a Ph.D. in genetics. He spent 10 years working at the National Institute of Health, and was a professor at Johns Hopkins University as a geneticist. He is also the author of over 150 peer-reviewed publications."

"He worked on vaccine safety and efficacy for more than 30 years. He was one of four scientists that worked to replace the DTP vaccine, a vaccine that caused every child to become sick with a high fever at the time of vaccination, with the DTaP vaccine, which is a more purified vaccine and causes illness due to fever in only 3% of those vaccinated"

Pretty qualified then! But I guess the resident apologists here will deem those not the right qualifications !!

"In the video above, he explains that the flu shot causes Guillain-Barré Syndrome, and that the flu shot is not very effective in preventing the flu."

"So the flu vaccine is basically an experimental vaccine that they want to give out to 300 million people every year. There are also no studies showing the safety of giving the flu vaccine to the same person every single year.

However, Dr. Geier points out that the CDC is in the business of distributing flu vaccines, because they represent 300 million doses per year, whereas all the childhood vaccines together only number 20 million."

"Dr. Geier points out how ridiculous it is spend billions of dollars on a vaccine that might, at its best, save about 50 lives a year, when there are far more serious problems causing death that are more worthy of that kind of expenditure."
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Elderberry syrup please!
Me garden is full of rosehips ... will they do?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:15 PM

there's n'ne sa deaf as those who will not listen! - McBeth act 5!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:17 PM

Putting sample studies aside, the hard facts are that the incidence of flu deaths has fallen substantially since the vaccine was made widely available in the middle of the 20th Century and viruses monitored by the WHO. Some years they get the vaccine right, other years they fail to spot the worst culprit. They now vaccinate most primary schoolchildren and that should stop you getting most strains even if you decide to give it a miss. It's kids who spread it and it's most effective against flu in children. Even realist can't argue with that fact.

Being vaccinated against one strain can give you some immunity against others (given they are after all mutations of each other) so you could get the one they miss but it should be milder than it might be.

I've been getting the vaccine since 2013 after I contracted what I've been told was likely to have been H1N1. I've never been so sick in my life. I want to do whatever I can to protect myself and if they get it wrong at least I know that I have a fourfold chance of being vaccinated against the one I am exposed to. The efficacy changes every year depending on the strain that becomes most virulent.

I know that I feel healthier a couple of days after having the vaccine. It gives me a burst of vitality probably because of my immune system kicking in. I don't have any medical conditions so I am not one of the groups to be automatically vaccinated, but I really want to do my best to avoid having that awful experience. I know that if I had a medical condition I would never have survived the flu I had. I ended up in hospital dehydrated as it was. Barring anaphylaxis it was the worst physical experience ever.

Worthy of note is that the original flu vaccine was developed by the same scientists who later developed the Polio vaccine.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Putting sample studies aside, the hard facts are that the incidence of flu deaths has fallen substantially since the vaccine was made widely available in the middle of the 20th Century and viruses monitored by the WHO. Some years they get the vaccine right, other years they fail to spot the worst culprit. They now vaccinate most primary schoolchildren and that should stop you getting most strains even if you decide to give it a miss. It's kids who spread it and it's most effective against flu in children. Even realist can't argue with that fact.

Being vaccinated against one strain can give you some immunity against others (given they are after all mutations of each other) so you could get the one they miss but it should be milder than it might be.

I've been getting the vaccine since 2013 after I contracted what I've been told was likely to have been H1N1. I've never been so sick in my life. I want to do whatever I can to protect myself and if they get it wrong at least I know that I have a fourfold chance of being vaccinated against the one I am exposed to. The efficacy changes every year depending on the strain that becomes most virulent.

I know that I feel healthier a couple of days after having the vaccine. It gives me a burst of vitality probably because of my immune system kicking in. I don't have any medical conditions so I am not one of the groups to be automatically vaccinated, but I really want to do my best to avoid having that awful experience. I know that if I had a medical condition I would never have survived the flu I had. I ended up in hospital dehydrated as it was. Barring anaphylaxis it was the worst physical experience ever.

Worthy of note is that the original flu vaccine was developed by the same scientists who later developed the Polio vaccine.
we even have regular flu jabs [annually] here in the warm Kimberley and I have heard a few souls sniffling! I have it cos it's free but if I miss it one year doesn't seem to make any difference?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:26 PM

I want to do whatever I can to protect myself
Then simply give priority to your immune system. Eat and drink the right things that will boost your immune system.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
we even have regular flu jabs [annually] here in the warm Kimberley and I have heard a few souls sniffling! I have it cos it's free but if I miss it one year doesn't seem to make any difference?
If you miss a year then you should have some immunity because it lasts a bit. You might get a "manflu"with a sore throat which feels like a bad cold and not realise that you've been protected from getting a severe version.

I used to avoid the vaccine and think it was all a con until I did get the real flu. I see it as insurance and it seems to keep me healthier all round.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-09-2018, 11:36 PM

If you miss a year then you should have some immunity because it lasts a bit. You might get a "manflu"with a sore throat which feels like a bad cold and not realise that you've been protected from getting a severe version.

I used to avoid the vaccine and think it was all a con until I did get the real flu. I see it as insurance and it seems to keep me healthier all round.
fair call! one flu is one too many as one cuckoo said to the other as they flu over the cuckoos nest?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-09-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Then simply give priority to your immune system. Eat and drink the right things that will boost your immune system.
That makes no difference and I do as much as I can but I have a stressful busy life and I come into contact with countless people who may be carriers just as my resistance is lowest (when it's cold and dark, when I'm exhausted and run down, when I have had to work on something difficult and my energy is run down stuck on a crowded train with little ventilation).

Yes if my life was a holiday I'd probably have the luxury of having a 365 day healthy immune system, but as it stands I am 100% pulled in all directions and I see the vaccine as a good way to tick the flu box. It gives my system a boost and it has never given me any side effects so I don't see the problem at all. If people don't want it they don't have to have it but the fact is that since the vaccine has been widely available flu deaths worldwide have fallen despite massive rises in population and proximate living.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2018, 11:40 PM

I see it as insurance and it seems to keep me healthier all round.
Yep that's what we call anecdotal evidence.

The facts show that the vaccine isn't doing anything but people take one or a few isolated cases and start drawing emotional conclusions. My cousin's friend's granddad always has the vaccine and never gets the flu etc etc.

All a total nonsense.

The vaccine has been tested with 1000s of studies. The results are there for all to see. Doctors, worldwide are starting to take a stand against what is becoming an increasingly fraudulent vaccine industry

Page 10 of 56 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top