Join for free
Page 12 of 23 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 01:56 PM

Re: Baby Boomers.... and sex

It is going off topic and going down the slippery slope

This is when I say cheerio I've said all I have to say
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I agree. You might never think you want to meet someone else. You just can't predict how you will feel until you are in that position.

I also think that if you lose your partner and say you won't ever be with anyone else, it does not mean you loved them anymore than other people do with theirs. Surely the beloved person you lost would want you to be happy and not to spend your life grieving? Everyone is entitled to happiness and there are lots of lovely, sincere people in the world who are looking for equally the same person.

Edited.
In many ways.. I found being divorced worse than being widowed. As I stated.. when you are widowed, you get tons of sympathy and people are so concerned for your well being and mental health.. For a while that is.. until they get tired of worrying about you or until you show signs of wanting to join the world of the living and find love again.. then all that caring and sympathy go out the window and a widow finds she is placed in a lower box than a divorcee..

When you are divorced.. you have to live with that EX spouse prancing and parading around with other partners.. if there are children, you are tied to your ex for support.. and even if the kids are grown, there are still weddings.. Grandchildren, Christenings, birthday parties..etc where your ex will turn up like a bad penny.

Either way... it's the woman who will be judged... and the woman who will suffer the consequences of her actions much more than a man ever will.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
It is going off topic and going down the slippery slope

This is when I say cheerio I've said all I have to say
Good idea for me too - I hope
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Just in my personal experience I think men are treated worse after divorce - normally even if it wasn't their fault they get blamed. The woman is usually thought of with sympathy.

But as I said that's just how I observe it with people I know.

Poor bloke who was beaten regularly finally left his wife and hardly anyone sympathised with him it was all poor Jean who he had left who got the sympathy.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know that Alice - but please don't tell me 'my feelings' gal - I do know, and would just prefer you respect that.
I have no problem with people looking for a partner whether for divorced reasons or losing a partner .......
Except you DON'T know.... you can't until you've lived it. I was SOOOOOOO sure I would NEVER find love again nor even have the desire to date or talk to another man.. So sure in fact that I went out and bought an extravagant double headstone for my husband's brave and had my name and birthdate engraved on the other half.. Even had entwined wedding bands and our wedding date engraved on it. Talk about expensive... But that's how sure I was..

Until the lonliness sets in. Until you miss that everyday interaction you had with a spouse.. The ability to share experiences and have conversation that only the two of you understand the importance of.. Until all the hoopla and fanfare you get from being the grieving widow disappears when all the well meaning folks get tired of hearing about your grief and move on..enjoying their lives with their own partners.. yet prefering to see you partnerless.. THEN.. and only then will you know.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just in my personal experience I think men are treated worse after divorce - normally even if it wasn't their fault they get blamed. The woman is usually thought of with sympathy.

But as I said that's just how I observe it with people I know.

Poor bloke who was beaten regularly finally left his wife and hardly anyone sympathised with him it was all poor Jean who he had left who got the sympathy.
I've noticed that too - and the worst thing is when my friend divorced and did all she could to turn her son against the father ! I told her what I thought of that - its so wrong .....
AudreyII
USA

29-07-2014, 02:10 PM

I think I shall also take Alice's cue.. and exit stage left.... It's getting dicey.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 03:54 PM

Well I've been at the beach having a lovely time and have only come in for some shade, but I'm also leaving this thread as some of the remarks are becoming crass, particularly from those attempting to portray some holier than thou attitudes and herculean morality..........which appears to be restricted to married women only?

Audrey - I think your post sums things up very succinctly.

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Perhaps... but it's the "I'm respectable" and the inferred "You're not".. that is the problem..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 03:59 PM

I think I am off now too as it is obvious anyone with any sort of other ideals is not being listened to properly.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 04:28 PM

Oh come on... surely you understand the meaning behind that statement... THE MEANING was.. that sex is as necessary to the human existance as all other biological functions...

Yes of course we all knew what you meant Audrey, your statements are as I read them very honest, also right and good to hear. Most of us women love and thoroughly enjoy sex, being sexy and womanly for whoever we choose to be intimate with.

From one woman to another I make no apologies, nor do we need to justify ourselves to anyone, really we do not need approval from others and certainly not from one of our sisters.

Have you not noticed ladies....how quiet the men are....it speaks volumes!!!!!!

Back to the topic now...get out there ladies strut your stuff, have fun regardless of your age, but take care. Simples

Page 12 of 23 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top