Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Receiving medical appointments online

I think I mentioned this on the Health board.

If I have a hospital appointment upcoming, the NHS will now send me an email which links to a PDF of the appointment. I can then take a screenshot and save it plus add to my calendar.

This is great as I always worry about losing something important in the mail, and I have had umpteen appointments this year.

It worked the other day: I now have an appointment with my Consultant in December.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Re: Receiving medical appointments online

Why make life so complicated?

If I have an appointment I just stick on my kitchen calender and that's the end of it! They usually send me a text a day beforehand anyway.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why make life so complicated?

If I have an appointment I just stick on my kitchen calender and that's the end of it! They usually send me a text a day beforehand anyway.
Just what I was thinking too Mups lol
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:08 PM

I tend to worry about appointments to the extent of sleeping poorly the night before. I prefer them if they are early, 9, 10ish.

My point is that there is no way of me missing the appointment because the mail hasn't arrived. I've had a few things go missing over the years.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:11 PM

That's what I do write it on the Calendar.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I tend to worry about appointments to the extent of sleeping poorly the night before. I prefer them if they are early, 9, 10ish.

My point is that there is no way of me missing the appointment because the mail hasn't arrived. I've had a few things go missing over the years.
You say you might miss mail apps Ffosse so what about recieving a txt reminder on your all singing all dancing iPhone wouldn't that be much better as you wouldn't forget and you'd have a visual reminder the previous day to any appointments?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 04:25 PM

I use Google calendar, available on all my devices - it has built in text and email reminders plus the facility to set up repeated events, etc.

Incoming messages can be automatically set up as events or tasks on the calendar.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-09-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
You say you might miss mail apps Ffosse so what about recieving a txt reminder on your all singing all dancing iPhone wouldn't that be much better as you wouldn't forget and you'd have a visual reminder the previous day to any appointments?
For some reason they don't offer text reminders. But I put the appointment in my Apple Calendar and it's available across all my devices and laptop. I can then create my own reminder although by then it's usually fixed in my brain.

I like having a PDF of the appointment too as the letter has other information on it as well as the time and place. I used to photograph paper letters for this purpose.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 08:18 PM

you say you worry about missing an appt, but surely you get told by DR/Hospital in advance then you can put it on your calendar

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top