Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 10:57 PM

Re: How long do you keep clothes for?

I keep old clothes for gardening in.
I still have one of those chunky wool cardigans from the 70's with toggle fastenings. I call it my witches cape.

Otherwise I don't carry too many clothes.
How many can you wear at one time?
I've never been much of a fashion slave. Most of it's a rip off playing on women's vanity and plying them for money.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have so many clothes, I have to rotate. My Autumn/Winter clothes will come out of storage soon. There is no way all my clothes would fit into my triple wardrobe. Yes, there are outfits I have never worn, I forgot I bought them. Never keep old clothes, the fashion changes.
I recycle clothes. Some I’ve had for decades but most I donate to charities. I’ve had boots and some clothes for a long time.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 05:33 AM

There are a few items in my closet are old enough that could put up a museum sign and start selling tickets.

I still have a few Ralph Lauren oxford shirts I wore in college and two oversized men's wool sweaters (jumpers) that are just as old that I still wear over yoga pants. I loooooove them and they keep me snug as a bug in a rug in the winter. Then there is a black Chanel pencil skirt, a full length gown, and a raincoat that were made about the time Prince William was born...
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:17 AM

I wear mine until they fall apart or the OH refuses to be seen with me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I keep old clothes for gardening in.
I still have one of those chunky wool cardigans from the 70's with toggle fastenings. I call it my witches cape.

Otherwise I don't carry too many clothes.
How many can you wear at one time?
I've never been much of a fashion slave. Most of it's a rip off playing on women's vanity and plying them for money.

Is this an admission darlin'???
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:00 AM

I have a pal who has rooms full of clothes she rarely throws anything out and has stuff right back to the sixties...I used to laugh at her but I'm so envious now...fashions goes in circles doesn't it and a lot of that sixties stuff is high fashion now not that it would fit me now...I was size 10 back then...I'll never see that size again

I keep stuff if I like it and although I have lots of clothes like others have said I'm often saying I don't have a thing to wear
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:33 AM

Although I have lots of clothes, I tend to wear over and over again the same ones.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 01:07 PM

I'm like that too which is why I have unused jeans and jumpers in my wardrobe.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 05:21 PM

I don't have a choice of how long I keep my clothes for. Just as I am getting comfortable with them, holes and rips included, Sue decides to chuck them in the bin.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 05:21 PM

I dont have a great amount of clothes but the ones I do have I wear regularly ,I dont like having "stuff" which never gets worn,it goes to charity if its not been worn for a while.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top