Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:14 AM

Re: Flutterby Butterfly!

That's glorious, isn't it? I can see why it's called Mourning Cloak - but I prefer Camberwell Beauty!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:16 AM

And now I'm going to go off topic slightly (Azz says we are allowed! )

Who loves dragonflies? I think they are glorious. If I had a yen to 'get into' something new I think I would like to become a dragonfly buff. Apparently there are over a hundred varieties in Britain
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:35 AM

Yes, I love them too DM and Damsel flies. We usually get some around the end of August - I'll keep a watch for them! New thread coming up IF I manage to get a photo!!!

Several years ago, when OH and I were "courting" we had a picnic in Ashdown Forest (of Winnie-the-Pooh fame). I was amazed at the huge Dragonflies we saw there.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:38 AM

I've just seen a beauty in the woods, so thought I ought to write about them. We sometimes get them round the garden, which is really odd as we are a good way from any water.

'The Devil's Darning Needles' - good name when you see their irridescent colours glistening in the sun.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 05:00 PM

I love both dragon and damsel flies also! Sometimes see them at my tiny lily pond, and down by the canal there are loads of them. Impossible to photograph unless they rest on something!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top