Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Re: This Forum

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am fast approaching that point
(")..
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hello gal - She has not left, thank goodness. And - was posting yesterday !
Aren't I a bugger? No I was not crying wolf, I really did want to take a break & many of you read & answered my thread about 'ignore button'.

I couldn't stay away, you guys are great! Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. It really is appreciated believe me

I will try hard to fight my way through certain persons, maybe even dismiss the ignore on them if that can be done. I'll see if I feel like doing that.

I would've replied sooner but only checked this thread just now.
I was so busy with reading the ignore topic & looking at some other threads, I actually forgot about this one

Thanks again guys!!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I flick in and out of everything have days when I don't come onto the forum page and miss lots of the conversations. I don't go on face book for days. I don't understand when people say they have to be on there all the time so they don't miss anything ?

The one thing I am addicted to is playing patience on my phone now that is addictive.
What kind of game is that Shirley? Is it an app? What kind of phone do you have?
I have a Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone). I like the game WordTwist, that is also addictive
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

09-04-2014, 10:21 PM

Bye bye baby babye goodbye
bye bye baby don't make me cry

Frankie Valli
I really like that song! But I'd never heard the 4 Seasons version. I grew up with The Bay City Rollers, ha ha. No they weren't a fav group or anything just I was a 70's kid.

My absolutely favourite alltime band is The Kinks!Yes!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Don't be like that RJ, carry a stout heart and keep right on to the end of the road, as Joseph Locke says, or as someone else said "Ask not what it can do for you but what you can do for it" or something like that. I'm always puzzled how all these quotes for famous people are remembered and get repeated all the time, did someone walk behind them with a pen and notepad writing down everything they said? "I'm turning left now Jeeves, write that down"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 02:49 PM

No Robert put your thinking cap on and compose another of your lovely poems for us
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I really like that song! But I'd never heard the 4 Seasons version. I grew up with The Bay City Rollers, ha ha. No they weren't a fav group or anything just I was a 70's kid.

My absolutely favourite alltime band is The Kinks!Yes!
Snap again gal Although its a joint No. 1 for me, Kinks and Beach Boys
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 04:55 PM

I saw the kINKS in 1964 at the Winter Gardens in Bournemouth.
cRIKEY that's 50 years ago
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 05:14 PM

I saw the kINKS in 1964 at the Winter Gardens in Bournemouth.
cRIKEY that's 50 years ago
I know - haven't we aged well
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

20-04-2014, 06:07 PM

I saw Ray Davies when he came to a club in Toronto during his Storytelling Tour of North America. That was in October 1996. We stayed behind to hopefully talk to him with others that lagged behind too. He was 'ok' but when I shook his hand, it was very limp like he didn't care. I'll bet if I was 22 & blonde instead of a 33 year old, he would've been friendlier, ha ha! Don't meet your idols, they say.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top