Join for free
Page 130 of 259 « First < 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Now you've got me scratching me head ...
I stopped watching it for a while and when I restarted I was amazed to find Andy alive and kicking and a prisoner in the basement. Mups, you're not alone at been in the dark.

I think ... ? ? .. Phelan hit him over the head with a laptop around last Christmas or spring after an argument? Andy was unconscious? Presumed dead? I thought he was dead.

Phelan hit him because Andy knew Phelan had something to do with Michael's death ( that was Gail's chap) .. are you with me so far as I'm struggling here meself ...

The confrontation was because Andy was threatening to go to the police because he was tired of Phelan blackmailing him into committing crimes.
He was been blackmailed because Andy had attacked Phelan and put him in hospital but Phelan had not told the police he knew Andy was his attacker.

I've confused myself now and made a right pig's ear of that.

The damn scriptwriters should have kept it simple and kept Andy dead.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:47 PM

I also know who his next victim is and its not Daniel!

I also know something about Anna Windass! shhh i'm not telling though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I also know who his next victim is and its not Daniel!

I also know something about Anna Windass! shhh i'm not telling though.

No, don't say any more susie.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:32 PM

I won't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 07:50 PM

Go on. Say some more, Susie.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 08:38 PM

The Phelan stuff is unbelievable, I have a bald head, and mine is far less resilient.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 10:00 PM

I have taken to taken to taping Corrie Street - that way I fast forward through the Phelan scenes. Its gone on too long and just makes me yawn now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Now you've got me scratching me head ...
I stopped watching it for a while and when I restarted I was amazed to find Andy alive and kicking and a prisoner in the basement. Mups, you're not alone at been in the dark.

I think ... ? ? .. Phelan hit him over the head with a laptop around last Christmas or spring after an argument? Andy was unconscious? Presumed dead? I thought he was dead.

Phelan hit him because Andy knew Phelan had something to do with Michael's death ( that was Gail's chap) .. are you with me so far as I'm struggling here meself ...

The confrontation was because Andy was threatening to go to the police because he was tired of Phelan blackmailing him into committing crimes.
He was been blackmailed because Andy had attacked Phelan and put him in hospital but Phelan had not told the police he knew Andy was his attacker.

I've confused myself now and made a right pig's ear of that.

The damn scriptwriters should have kept it simple and kept Andy dead.
Sounds about right to me Morty.........Didn't the laptop Phelan whacked Andy over the head with have some footage from the CCTV installed at Kevin's garage when Andy set it on fire?....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't mind watching those storylines.

However, the ones I find boring are the 'pointless padding', the 'obligatory PC content' and, most of all, the two puffs kissing each other at every opportunity.
It's not representative of normal life, not round here anyway. Okay, we accept that Todd and Billy are Gay, isn't that enough? Tongues are not necessary.......Actually, I haven't seen members of the opposite sex kiss nearly as often on the street...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's not representative of normal life, not round here anyway. Okay, we accept that Todd and Billy are Gay, isn't that enough? Tongues are not necessary.......Actually, I haven't seen members of the opposite sex kiss nearly as often on the street...
My point exactly.

I have no problem with homosexuals of either gender, in fact I have seen some very fanciable lesbians.

I also know some homosexual men and I can assure you that I have never seen any of them kissing each other.

My beef is with people trying to push these things down our throats for PC reasons. The example on Coronation Street becomes boring after appearing in just about every episode.

Having said that, to be honest I don't think they seem to be doing it much now. Either they've gone off each other, or perhaps some viewers have been complaining.

The producers and writers are, I am in no doubt, doing all they can to push what are quite probably their own proclivities. But then, viewing figures (= money) is, I am sure, more important to them at the end of the day.

Page 130 of 259 « First < 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top