Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 05:18 PM

washing machine puzzle?

can someone tell me please -why am i getting just cold water now in the machine right thro the whole wash ' befor i go buy a new one ..any ideas is a thank u .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:38 PM

Re: washing machine puzzle?

Does it have a hot water supply, ?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
can someone tell me please -why am i getting just cold water now in the machine right thro the whole wash ' befor i go buy a new one ..any ideas is a thank u .....
Is it showing any fault codes, it may be your element has gone
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 08:16 PM

think u may be right primus about the element ' yes it is showing something' but i dont have my book to know anymore what the symbols stand for '
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 08:28 PM

modern washing machines only have a cold feed,,,,,must be the heater
Primus1
York

03-02-2018, 08:34 PM

think u may be right primus about the element ' yes it is showing something' but i dont have my book to know anymore what the symbols stand for '
Google the make and model look up the fault codes
fender
United Kingdom
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
modern washing machines only have a cold feed,,,,,must be the heater
Or, the thermostat / sensor / controller.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Or, the thermostat / sensor / controller.
I'm surprised it still works if the water isn't heating up. Washing machines follow a program and each stage of that program has to be completed before moving on to the next. When the machine fills up to a certain level for example, a pressure switch gauges the amount of water and then the machine moves on to the next stage.

Maybe, as Fender suggests, the t/stat is faulty and operating at a lower temperature than the program asks for and is allowing the machine to continue.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Is it showing any fault codes, it may be your element has gone
I'd go with this.....maybe a loose wire or the element is goosed.

An easy fix if you can get to it and have the most basic tools and DIY skills....what a machine repairer(I won't insult real engineers by calling them one)will charge varies by postcode, house you own and car.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Hi Maddy if you put the make and model of your washing machine into Google you should be able to access a user manual even for older models.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top