Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Re: Kitchen Floor

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
since I discovered the microfibre cloths I use them for just about everything. They last ages and when they get mucky they go into the washing machine with the dog towels.
Those microfibre cloths are good Aerolor, I use them too but never thought of using one round a mop for the floor.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:35 AM

I use a Vileda mop, accompanying bucket with a strainer and Flash, the floor is washed every day so never gets dirty. The mop head can be quickly replaced.
Some days before doing the floor I wring out the mop and wipe over the outside downstairs window sills and door frames, it takes two minutes, that way I get full value from the hot water and liquid cleaner.

The water is then thrown down the path so helps to keep that clean.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Use next door neighbours kitchen then you will never have to clean your own kitchen floor.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:28 AM

Blimey a thread on cleaning your kitchen floor

Everyday I have three cats
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
That looks good Longy, a bit like Aerolor’s idea. Will look out for one if those.
They are good for cleaning in tight spaces and the mop part can be washed in the washing machine although we tend to buy a new one. You should see them in most supermarkets and DIY stores. You can also buy the proper bucket for it.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 02:21 PM

I have a very annoying kitchen floor. Black and white ceramic tiles with...wait for it....white grout I mean, come on, whose stuuuupid idea was that?

Dog makes it filthy.

I wash it everyday with a string mop that I wring out by hand as if I use a bucket with the built in wringer it makes the floor too wet and it takes yonks to dry.

I also have a long handled grout scrubber that I use sometimes when the grout gets grotty.

And then every so often (like today for instance) I get on my hands and knees and scrub it with soapy water and bleach, then dry it off with an old towel.

Bane of my life it is
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:51 PM

Hence the question Nicol. Just trying to find an easy way to keep the floor clean now I’m not able to do a hands and knees job! I got rid of the tiles and now have a heavy duty vinyl down, fortunately I have no pets, so not a huge problem, but I like to keep it clean. Maybe Longy’s mop may suit you too.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 01:59 PM

Dear old Vileda, Micro Strip Mop, been using them for years. I think they are great..
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I use a Vileda mop, accompanying bucket with a strainer and Flash, the floor is washed every day so never gets dirty. The mop head can be quickly replaced.
Some days before doing the floor I wring out the mop and wipe over the outside downstairs window sills and door frames, it takes two minutes, that way I get full value from the hot water and liquid cleaner.

The water is then thrown down the path so helps to keep that clean.
Every day? Gosh, I clean my kitchen floor rarely, just vac it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Hence the question Nicol. Just trying to find an easy way to keep the floor clean now I’m not able to do a hands and knees job! I got rid of the tiles and now have a heavy duty vinyl down, fortunately I have no pets, so not a huge problem, but I like to keep it clean. Maybe Longy’s mop may suit you too.
Longy's mop I had my hair cut last week.

I also use the same mop for cleaning wood floors, along with Johnsons soapy wood cleaner. Just use sparingly.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top