Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Re: Are you happy to use your first name on this forum?

Best to stick to nicknames on a forum I reckon.

x Dolly.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have to say it irritates the f... out of when I see something in a message like, "Sorry to hear that Fred" and wonder WTF is "Fred' who it turns out goes by the forum name "Willy".
Oh I so agree!
I thought it was just me

What on earth do you deliberately choose a forum name for if people insist on calling you something else on the forum!!

Its probably not intentional but it comes across as a bit of one upmanship...kind of "see I know this person really well in private so Im using his/her real name" ner ner ner
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:53 AM

Probably not difficult to work out my real name. The one I use on forums is a good friends nickname from way back who sadly is no longer with us.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Best to stick to nicknames on a forum I reckon.

x Dolly.
I agree Longlegs.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 11:28 AM

When I signed on this forum I wanted to be incognito so I chose Adanac.

Found though that forums are forums so I asked if it was possible to change my nick to my real name as it really did not make a difference and I really am quite fond and proud of my real name even though some mistake me for a man as they think of Lee Marvin.

So maybe I will just start using my real name at the end of a post like this....lee
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
When I signed on this forum I wanted to be incognito so I chose Adanac.

Found though that forums are forums so I asked if it was possible to change my nick to my real name as it really did not make a difference and I really am quite fond and proud of my real name even though some mistake me for a man as they think of Lee Marvin.

So maybe I will just start using my real name at the end of a post like this....lee
Nah you are too sweet for that
I like Maple
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Oh I so agree!
I thought it was just me

What on earth do you deliberately choose a forum name for if people insist on calling you something else on the forum!!

Its probably not intentional but it comes across as a bit of one upmanship...kind of "see I know this person really well in private so Im using his/her real name" ner ner ner
Has a cliquey clubby sot of feel
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 11:53 AM

I also wonder why some people call a members by the username they knew them by on another forum?

It's confusing for those of us who know them by their chosen name for OFF's.

Old usernames from other places should not be used on here in my opinion - unless of course they use the same name on all forums as some do.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Has a cliquey clubby sot of feel
Exactly.
And now as an example it seems we now have Adanac aka Maple aka Lee (nothing personal Adanac, please dont take offence as none intended, just an example of the confusion...)

It does feel cliquey I agree.
Others in the past have said this place is cliquey and Ive always said (along with many others) no its not!
But Im beginning to change my mind and that is such a shame...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 12:13 PM

I wonder if any of the members of this forum post on any of the other forums on which I post, or have posted?

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top