Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Re: Jamie Carragher ...... Spitting.

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->

As for the person who took the photograph - He might have been just sitting there in his car waiting to photograph him (as well a goad him).

Aero
From the reports that are coming out, the man daughter kept telling her Dad to stop what he was doing. So i don't think he could have just been sitting there waiting to photograph Carragher.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:45 PM

I was more intrigued by the amount of spit he produced in one flight and the distance it travelled!

Spitting is awful, imagine all the germs and illness it can contain.

Do l think he should be sacked? I’m not sure? At first, l thought, yes, just for his total arrogance and a man in his public position should’ve known better. Now, l’m not so sure as he is a very popular football pundit.

As for the goading man in the other vechicle who was filming whilst he was driving or, whilst the engine was running... Book him Danno... Murder One!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 05:43 PM

It was the mans 14 year old daughter who got covered in Carragher's saliva, and the man wasn't rude he just said its been a bad day for you nothing controversial at all. Of course Carragher should be sacked if a grown man spat at my 14 year old daughter I would expect at the very least he was sacked.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 05:54 PM

Is spitting on someone defined as assault in the UK?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/578847...gher-incident/

Yes, spitting on someone is classed as battery under the common assault category of the Criminal Justice Act 1988.

Battery is the application of unlawful force, and as well as spitting, covers incidents of pushing and slapping.

Spitting, if done deliberately, is seen as an assault.
What is the punishment for spitting at someone?

Common assault carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine or community order.

A prison sentence is generally reserved for cases where serious injury was caused, and higher culpability is present.

The offender will have higher culpability if they have previous convictions or there are aggravating factors, such as the attack being racially motivated, the assault was premeditated, or the victim was vulnerable.

In other cases, a fine and community order is the more likely outcome.
Carragher should be charged with assault and, if convicted, be ordered to clean the spit off one or more football pitches.

SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 06:07 PM

It wasn't a spitting case, but anyone in the public eye sometimes gets singled out for abuse that the rest of us may not.
I'm thinking of the case years ago when John Prescott had a go at a guy who threw a punch at him.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
It wasn't a spitting case, but anyone in the public eye sometimes gets singled out for abuse that the rest of us may not.
I'm thinking of the case years ago when John Prescott had a go at a guy who threw a punch at him.
It wasn't a punch, but an egg, causing Prescott himself to react and throw a punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UhME8dcOqc
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 07:38 PM

I don't know if I would say he should be sacked, he has a wife and children to provide for but I do think it is disgusting what he did. That bloke who took the picture should also be punished, he was deliberately trying to antagonise Carregher, even his daughter could be heard saying 'stop it dad' which tells me she thought he was being out of order. Whatever possessed Carregher to spit I have no idea, urgh, disgusting. He's apologised and can't really do anything else but await his fate, but I personally hope he doesn't lose his job. He has certainly embarrassed his family, if I were his wife I would be furious with him but also worried how this may affect their family life.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 07:52 PM

It was a stupid thing to do but I don't think he should be sacked. He will be feeling pretty embarrassed and stupid right now anyway. It just proves his childish ignorance. Perhaps a pay cut for a year.

I do think Police should pay the other driver a visit though. Using a phone whilst driving is illegal. Both parties were acting like tw@ts.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
Jamie Carragher had a reputation when he was playing as ... one of the good guys. And since he's retired he has done lots for charity and to help kids sport in the area. There are many that would say, that speaks volumes for the sort of person he must be.
Indeed. He's a good man. Anyone can make a mistake.

As Popeye used to say: Let he without sin cast the first stone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:28 PM

Did the other car driver take the photo?
Maybe it was his daughter in the passenger seat who took the photo on her phone.

Do we know which side of the other car Carragher was parked on?
If he was sitting on the other gobby drivers side, or was he next to the daughter's side of the car?
If Carragher was parked by the daughter's window, I would think it was her that did the filming as her Dad would have been too far away surely.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top