Join for free
Page 2 of 56 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Panda ->
No flu jabs for me, had them in the past and made me feel really unwell.
I have always been given a leaflet telling me to contact a doctor or A&E if you notice any side effects from the injection. If you are allergic to eggs they can make you quite ill.
You can't catch flu from the vaccine as it is made from an inactivated virus, so people who get sick after receiving a flu vaccination were going to get sick anyway. ... sadly people assume that because they got sick after getting the vaccine, the shot caused their illness.
If you get flu like symptoms you may have picked up the virus from elsewhere, shortly before the jab...but it doesn't cause them.

I am not trying to persuade you to have one though.... everybody should make their own decision on that.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:14 AM

*** Some posts may be removed

Please note the forum T.O.U.....

11.5 Spamming is not allowed. We do not allow the posting of the same or very similar posts many times. Please do not re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or post off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
Thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:18 AM

There are 2 different flu vaccinations available this year the usual one and another for over 65s (and certain other vulnerable groups ).
You can read about it on the NHS website.

Because of this many GP surgeries are holding 2 separate vaccination sessions the first for the over 65's vaccination in late September the usual one in October.

I have already booked into the first one .

NB everyone is free to decide what is best for them, as I have 2 medical conditions that make me particularly vulnerable to serious complications if I contract flu I am first in the queue for vaccination.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:19 AM

We haven't had any letter yet. Mrs LD has always had flu or flu symptoms around December time for as long as I can remember, until she started to have the jab. So whatever is in it, it seems to work.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There are 2 different flu vaccinations available this year the usual one and another for over 65s (and certain other vulnerable groups ).
You can read about it on the NHS website.

Because of this many GP surgeries are holding 2 separate vaccination sessions the first for the over 65's vaccination in late September the usual one in October.

I have already booked into the first one .
I had the jab last year and was surprised that it was free, even though I am under 60.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I had the jab last year and was surprised that it was free, even though I am under 60.
You did well then LD I didn't even get a cold last winter.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You did well then LD I didn't even get a cold last winter.
Well that's good to hear Meg.

I did mention to them that I was under 60 in case there was some sort of mix up but she said they just wanted to supply to as many people as possible who wanted it. I suppose ultimately it takes the pressure off the surgery.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Every year the local surgery has a flu jab "fest" in the village community centre.It's on the same day as the Macmillan coffee morning,so you can have your jab and coffee and cake in the same building.It's the 28th this year-I will be having my jab on that day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-09-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Every year the local surgery has a flu jab "fest" in the village community centre.It's on the same day as the Macmillan coffee morning,so you can have your jab and coffee and cake in the same building.It's the 28th this year-I will be having my jab on that day.

Sounds like a good idea.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Interesting to see as to whether I get offered one,I was diagnosed as asthmatic earlier in the year.

Page 2 of 56 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top