Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Re: Water Fasting.

What you can try is just eating far less for a couple of days; this is what I'll do sometimes, one day just having toast, soup and maybe a piece of fruit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:26 AM

Hi

A personal view.

First time was forced, 9 days, no food, just water, not good, my brain was addled.

Second time, pre Op, 2 days on water alone, coped with it well.

It is not something I would do by choice.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:29 AM

Thanks Guys, It's not something I want to do long term, maybe 48 hours in one week. then again the next week.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:38 AM

Actually Roxy if you can do it im a great fan of water fasting far from feeling sluggish in my case i have increased energy. It's getting over those first pangs of hunger after those it's not too bad...and your skin glows too. Just do it for two or three days...remember plenty of water though.

One last thing you do get a bad sort of metallic taste in your mouth....that's normal so I sometimes suck a tic tac.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:52 AM

I’m a fan of water fasting also and oddly enough that dizziness you get from hypoglycaemia goes away after a while.

A REALLY effective way to loose weight and help cleanse out your system is by drinking hot water with coconut oil and apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning and a half an hour before you eat anything. The surprising thing is that the coconut oil surpresses the appetite and is great for the hair, skin and has the ability to lower bad cholesterol due to it unique medium fatty acid chain. It WILL help you cleanse out your system. It just takes a bit of adjusting to but it works incredibly well.

Something else that helps get rid of toxins in your system is skin brushing.
With a proper all natural skin brush , brushing the skin before bathing in the morning helps a sluggish metabolism and helps rid the body of harmful toxins.
After all our skin IS our largest organ and most certainly can be used effectively to help us feel better.

I’ll do this with you if you’d like some help.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:57 AM

Yes I'll start a fast with you too Roxy if you want to try it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I'll start a fast with you too Roxy if you want to try it.
Why don’t the three of us do it together?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

10-09-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Why don’t the three of us do it together?
Good idea Bratti...it would have to be when we have no meals out booked.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I am feeling very sluggish, tired and just not right.
If you are feeling this way then it's highly likely that you are not eating and drinking the right things. Any kind of diet or similar fad is not going to help you as once it finishes, you'll just go back to your normal eating habits.

You should evaluate what it is you are eating and drinking. Cut out processed crap. Cut out food that's high in sugars. Eat foods with plenty of fibre (that alone will cleanse your innards), eat plenty of FRESH vegetables, eat plenty of citrus fruits (assuming you have no conditions that prevent this).

I'm with Floydy on the water flush. All you will do is flush out all your body's minerals and I'm not sure what good it will do for your gut flora which takes time to build up and reach a peak condition.

The gut is a primary source of health, really important for so many things including immune system. Eat and drink the right stuff and the body will always rebalance.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

10-09-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Good idea Bratti...it would have to be when we have no meals out booked.
I’m pretty flexible so whenever you and Roxy are able to do it , I’m game.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top