Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:52 PM

How long do you keep clothes for?

I've got jeans and t-shirts that are a few years old now but have been rarely worn so I'm keeping them. Some things that used to fit no longer do as my weight has gone up due to inactivity. But I've lost weight before so will keep them.

Do you have any new clothes that you've never worn? If so, why not?

I've got 2 Ralph Lauren jumpers that I bought 2 years ago but have never worn; I'm going to make a point of wearing them this year and hope they last well.

I bought a cashmere jumper a couple of years ago and it developed holes in the back of it before it was even washed, £85 down the drain. I could do with one new jumper this year and have decided I want one in bottle green as it's a nice colour. Can't decide where to go, Debenhams, M & S or TkMaxx or maybe John Lewis. Getting good news about my cancer has spurred me into making more of an effort with my health and appearance.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Re: How long do you keep clothes for?

I still have a few things from around 1965. Bought from Carnaby Street on a visit south with my mum. She nearly had a fit when we got into Carnaby Street and saw the way people were dressed, and the shops. Fair made the trip worthwhile for me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I still have a few things from around 1965. Bought from Carnaby Street on a visit south with my mum. She nearly had a fit when we got into Carnaby Street and saw the way people were dressed, and the shops. Fair made the trip worthwhile for me.
Thigh high leather boots?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:03 PM

Nope, Long Suede Fringed Waistcoat, Leather Waistcoat, couple of longish fringed skirts and a Suede Fringed handbag...…...I like fringed things then lol. still do.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Ffosse....try Cotton Traders excellent for quality and price I get all my sweaters,shirts and jeans from them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:12 PM

I have so many clothes, I have to rotate. My Autumn/Winter clothes will come out of storage soon. There is no way all my clothes would fit into my triple wardrobe. Yes, there are outfits I have never worn, I forgot I bought them. Never keep old clothes, the fashion changes.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-09-2018, 03:25 PM

I'm reassured there are people with more clothes than me. Mine fit in a single wardrobe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm reassured there are people with more clothes than me. Mine fit in a single wardrobe.
I have hundreds of shoes too. Oh and boots and sandals.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-09-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have hundreds of shoes too. Oh and boots and sandals.
Are you forever doing a washing or are your clothes all fresh?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:33 PM

I have quite a number of items of clothing I have hardly worn, or never worn. I will probably off load them on the charity shops, eventually if I decide I can't be bothered putting them on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top