Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 12:53 PM

Re: Old Grey Fox in the Hot seat.

Hi ya Foxy

I have seen a few pics of you running in marathons. What was the first marathon you ran in and can you describe how you felt the first time you completed one.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:28 PM

Do you have any religious beliefs?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:53 PM

Old Grey Fox. Any reason why you picked that as your forum name?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 05:19 PM

Hiya Foxy - if you could invite four people - living or dead - to dinner, who would they be and why ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 05:46 PM

Hiya Bob
You worked as a postman later in your career. Did you have a variety of jobs within The Royal Mail i.e. traditionally walking posting letters, or driving a van or in the sorting office?
Was it an enjoyable job?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 06:12 PM

Hi Foxy

What annoys you most about people
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Foxy, it’s great to see you in the hot seat!

Have you ever worn your hair long?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 06:48 PM

Just one more question!

I loved the pic of you and your mother in the sea. She had a stunning figure. Can you tell me a little bit about her, please.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What a fabulous reply to my question OGF, I enjoyed reading that. You are going to be "great" in this hot seat, I will be checking in on you every day...I feel I know you already,
Thanks Wild Blueberry for you kind comment, I'll do my best to keep you entertained.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 07:19 PM

Thanks everyone for your questions, I will definitely answer them all to the best of my knowledge, so please bear with me.....

Hello Longdogs.. I'll be glad to answer your question....

My first ever Marathon was way back in 1986 when I had all of my own teeth and I could listen to the telly without frightening the cat....
It was the 'Robin Hood Marathon' at Nottingham. A bunch of road runners I knew wondered how fast I could run the marathon, only having run on the fells and never on the road, I thought I'd just do the one......

With all the spectators cheering us on it was a fantastic experience and I loved every minute. With all the euphoria and support I ran faster than I would have on the fells, and by the time I reached the last mile I was almost on my knees....

I got quite emotional at the finish as they hung the medal around my neck, even though I was just an 'also ran' You don't get that on a fell run... And I realised what a great achievement it is to run a marathon. I always thought I could better my time though... So thirty six marathons later and with redundancy looming, I decided to call time on marathons.

Interestingly though, I went on to run the 'Robin Hood Marathon' a further eight times and it will always be my favourite marathon.....

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top