Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Re: Can You Ice Skate? Any Stories To Tell?

Ive seen that clip before and yes they are excellent

I particulary enjoy this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61k2XjRryM
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Here you are Roxy....

Thankyou Mags, I can't for the life of me work out what I'm doing wrong. I have two pages open side by side and I follow the instructions you posted, step by step and carefully but when I post the writing stays and won't turn into the video..
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Thank you so much Roxy for sharing this wonderful video. I love watching figure skating and this couple's just marvellous...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:12 PM

Aren't they just Filly, I never tire of watching them perform. They are brother and sister.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh my gosh Filly, I wonder how I missed this post of yours..........I always try to reply to everyone who post something interesting like this.......

That is quite an ordeal you went through there, gee, both you and I have had a lot of falls in our lifetime, eh? hahahaha.

I used to always have the picks on my figure skates filed off as I used to skate leaning forward a bit, and I would trip on them a lot, so finally, I decided I would stop the men's way instead of with the pick...........

I took figure skating lessons, but I wasn't any good at it........
My girlfriend did well, and eventually she taught it, even as an adult...

....I played ice hockey with my brothers and his friends. They usually stuck me in the net as a goalie, until my mom put her foot down as she was afraid I would get hurt with a flying puck........

Oh, I had a great childhood...living in a small town, we had to skate and swim as there wasn't much else to do. I went fishing a lot and loved picking the worms at night with the boys..........

Hi hon...yes it was quite an ordeal but wouldn't have been if I'd only heeded the warning and worn a helmet... I think that was my first really bad fall...

That was a great idea that you had by filing the picks down like hockey skates... I remember putting Alanna into figure skating...but she didn't want any part of it...she just wanted to play hockey like her bro...so we signed her up at age 7...and the rest is herstory.

Back then when you were skating with your brothers...there were no helmets, no face masks or eye protectors...I can understand why your mom would worry.

hahaha...I had a great childhood also, but mine was the very opposite...I lived in the big city of Toronto until the age of 13...

Oh Blue, I loved fishing with my dad too, up in North Bay on vacations at my aunt's cottage on 4 Mile Lake... I did not handle the worms...nor the fish, dad did that for me...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

25-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Ive seen that clip before and yes they are excellent
I've seen Jason skate before Missy, he's another one with so much talent.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Thought some of you may enjoy this, Not because they are Scottish but because they are excellent.

Sorry it has to be a link but it doesn't matter how many times I try I can't get any videos to sync into the post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MLLzkkaZA&t=21s
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Roxy, I had this problem a couple week ago, and here is how they taught me......
in between those two braket things, put in the video link (The Share one), then carefully deleted, the / and everything to the left of it, up to the [YT]........then post it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

25-09-2018, 03:45 PM

Problem is once I click on share, everything changes. I get a list of places like Twitter, FB, Email ect and that's not what it says in Azz's instructions. I've tried everything and nothing will work. I'm always left with the writing when I post and not the video.
Beautiful Filly

25-09-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Aren't they just Filly, I never tire of watching them perform. They are brother and sister.

It's always wonderful when brothers and sister choose the same path...keeps them close forever...
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:30 PM

Just listening to a story on Radio 5 Live about an ice skating, ice hockey playing dog in Las Vegas

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top