Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:01 PM

Re: Other Social Media Platforms

Facebook
Its very interesting .
i have several groups of interest that I follow.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:28 PM

I'm always looking for scrabble partners on Facebook.

If anybody on here likes to play please PM me.

You have to be on Facebook of course..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm always looking for scrabble partners on Facebook.

If anybody on here likes to play please PM me.

You have to be on Facebook of course..
do you play words with friends CArol?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Hi LQ - no just scrabble.

You are my newest friend on face -book but I can't figure out how to send you a request to play scrabble.

I think perhaps you might have to download it first.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:06 AM

No.

I was on twitter briefly with the express purpose of tracking someone down.

I think social media is OK in moderation; Facebook is a great way for friends and families to keep in touch although they may be continents away; but too many people overuse social media to their detriment.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
No.

I was on twitter briefly with the express purpose of tracking someone down.

I think social media is OK in moderation; Facebook is a great way for friends and families to keep in touch although they may be continents away; but too many people overuse social media to their detriment.
It should be mentioned that social media sites, like Facebook, are also often plagued by trolls.

When I had a Facebook account, I was a member of several groups including a group of our local area. For the majority of the time it was very useful for a number of reasons including spreading news of such things as shady characters, vandalism and break-ins.

Unfortunately, every so often we would hear from an idiot who clearly had too much time on his hands.

So it is certainly not only here on OFF!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 08:47 AM

There are no real mad out-of-their mind trolls on OFF, though, unless I've missed something.

Most people are nice and it's good to have differing opinions from time to time.
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:13 AM

As a twitter user I am frequently amazed at the low level of intelligence that you come across. Bad spelling poor grammar and in many cases totally pointless tweets. Trolling has a whole new meaning on there.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:17 AM

I use Facebook but just for family and I play scrabble and Backgammon king there..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
As a twitter user I am frequently amazed at the low level of intelligence that you come across. Bad spelling poor grammar and in many cases totally pointless tweets. Trolling has a whole new meaning on there.
Especially now that idiot president from across the pond is using it as his method of communicating with the world!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top