Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:06 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by JBR ->

The British forces' marching, for example, leaves everyone else well behind when it comes to smartness and organisation. :
I cannot believe anyone thinks our military excel at marching and drilling. Seems to me we are way down the list. Just watch any Trooping the Colour, the crooked wiggly lines of troops is an embarrassment,, that wouldn't be accepted in some countries.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
I cannot believe anyone thinks our military excel at marching and drilling. Seems to me we are way down the list. Just watch any Trooping the Colour, the crooked wiggly lines of troops is an embarrassment,, that wouldn't be accepted in some countries.
I think our troops do very well in parades like Trooping the Colour.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:12 PM

Bit harsh there. Some countries troops are either to busy lobbing stones at each other to march or if they put a foot wrong whilst marching are taken to the side...and shot
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Bit harsh there. Some countries troops are either to busy lobbing stones at each other to march or if they put a foot wrong whilst marching are taken to the side...and shot
Maybe he would prefer it if our troops goose stepped!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:24 PM

A lot of the troops who take part in the Trooping of the Colours have only just finished active duty in theaters of conflict so have had limited time for practice.

Knowing this the public will take it into consideration and cheer them on instead of marking them down as an embarrassment
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yes but what about North Korean choreography? That must be something to be proud of.
Yes, they do keep in step very well, but what's with all the bobbing up and down?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:36 PM

Wrong we are the worlds finest marchers.
You obviously have not seen many other countries military
What do you want the goose step !
( sorry Tara just seen your post never mind great minds and all that )
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yes but what about North Korean choreography? That must be something to be proud of.
If nothing else.
Fancy outfits on undernourished worm ridden bodies
And that marching hurts them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thing is, If we were born in Britain we couldn't be proud of being from anywhere else
I'm proud not to be French.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Take no notice of him.

He, and some others, are certainly not worth my time. Let them rattle on!

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top