Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:59 PM

please ignore doing sharpness check

Nikon D810 and Nikon 70-200 f2.8 lens

In case one is wondering I am just seeing how much a photo
deteriorates when posting from the original on forums. Doing a side by side with the original (on screen) in Jpeg, it looks to me as there is about 5% drop in picture quality or there abouts. This is using "Imgur" photo storage as a transfer means.
The silver lamp post is a lot sharper in the original for example

If this is down to poor telephone line I don't know. It is annoying as one cannot display how good/bad the original is.

Has anyone else posted a photo unedited and compared with original? if so have you noticed any difference
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 05:35 PM

Re: please ignore doing sharpness check

following on from the above now with the Nikon 24-70mm lens on the D810 the pictures look clearer now is has been cleaned inside

the lens was bought by me new several years ago and never cleaned before inside. I can notice a huge difference but others may not
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:01 PM

Different angles, different time of day, different season even, how on earth can you compare them objectively?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:16 PM

I was doing what the title said "please ignore"
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-10-2018, 06:20 PM

barry
I understand what you are getting at believe me.

Lets put it this way

Looking out of a window at home, if you never clean it you can still see through it, but not as well as when it gets cleaned.

Same with this camera lens, It has been used on every outing, and the inner part of the lens moves in/out of the outer casing as you alter the distance settings. Eventually it draws in a little dust which settles inside, not noticable until it gets cleaned by professionals. then is when a picture looks shall we say "Cleaner/clearer" to the owner. Even Sue notices the difference on the original

Hope that explains what I am saying

mags
Bless you. Initially it was for my own information from original photo to one on a forum I was trying out to see how the internet affected the photo. Me being over fussy I suppose

if you can and want to take of the please ignore bit

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top