Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:47 AM

Broken Ribs

My dear husband slipped whilst getting out of the bath last night and he is in terrible pain in his ribs area. We think he may have a broken rib. We are just on way to hospital.

Have you broken ribs? If so how long was recovery and how did it affect you.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:59 AM

Re: Broken Ribs

I'm so sorry LQ.....hope your hubby gets seen quickly and gets some pain relief. I had a torn muscle around my ribs last year...very painful it was just time waiting for it to heal nothing much else could be done. You are right to get it checked though. Good luck!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:59 AM

Ouch - I broke a couple a few months back, LQ. They take about 6 x weeks to mend entirely - but stop being so painful after week 2. Hospital may or may not X-Ray to confirm whether or not they are broken but - unless they are in danger of puncturing a lung - they will not do anything about them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:05 AM

Oh dear poor Mr LQ
Broken ribs ae painful .
I cracked two ribs getting thrown from a horse a few years back ( it was then I decided it was time to stop riding young thoroughbreds )
It was painful for a couple of months I'm afraid or maybe it seemed that long !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:07 AM

Sorry to hear about your Husbands broken ribs LQ, I hope the Hospital can give him some Pain Relief.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:55 AM

Oh dear, poor hubby.

Let us know how he gets on LQ.
Good luck at the hospital.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Ooh that sounds really painful LQ. Good luck at the hospital, let us now how he gets on.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:10 AM

Oh, poor Queenie I have never broken any ribs, but I think they take a while to heal. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:14 AM

Yes I’ve broken ribs and it’s very painful, especially if you have to cough.
My husband broke two last year slipping on the deck.

He will get pain killers but other than that there isn’t a lot that can be done for broken ribs. Lots of patience helps but sneezing and coughing are super painful for the first couple of weeks. I think my man had a month or so off of work. He had to have a Doctors signature to go back.

Poor Mr. Lion Queen. I hope he recovers quickly.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:30 PM

I broke three ribs (again ) when I fell off a ladder a few years ago. As Tabby says, not a lot can be done about them, you just need to take it easy while they heal and perhaps take some pain-killers if the pain gets too bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top