Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:36 PM

Shit happens!

Whatever happened to the days when we were not all uptight about everything that happens in this world. We would just say "oh well, shit happens".....there was even T shits like that.

The lights go out for a few hours and the whole neighbourhood is running up an down the street in a panic. How would they like to live in the Congo where there is no lights (Pigmys)
Come on people, shit happens....no biggie!

The variety store a few blocks over, got robed, the whole neighbourhood has made a vow they will never step into a variety store again, just in case it might be robbed while they are in there...Give me a break, shit happens!

People put their energy and emotions in the wrong places - they have a typical "Hurry-Up-And-Get-It-Done" mentality instead of a healthier way of thinking.

That's why heart attacks, high blood pressure and strokes still rule the world ...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Re: Shit happens!

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Whatever happened to the days when we were not all uptight about everything that happens in this world. We would just say "oh well, shit happens".....there was even T shits like that.

The lights go out for a few hours and the whole neighbourhood is running up an down the street in a panic. How would they like to live in the Congo where there is no lights (Pigmys)
Come on people, shit happens....no biggie!

The variety store a few blocks over, got robed, the whole neighbourhood has made a vow they will never step into a variety store again, just in case it might be robbed while they are in there...Give me a break, shit happens!

People put their energy and emotions in the wrong places - they have a typical "Hurry-Up-And-Get-It-Done" mentality instead of a healthier way of thinking.

That's why heart attacks, high blood pressure and strokes still rule the world ...

Interesting subject wild blueberry.

And interesting what you say about the store getting robbed.

By contrast, here in London we'd be inclined to show support by going out of our way to visit the store.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:31 PM

Love the title, WB!

I ususally get over things pretty quickly unless it's of highly personal nature. But you're right. Oftern there isn't a lot we can do about mishaps or something that goes wrong so we just carry on and think 'Hey ho, whatever' or in my case 'F*** it' and move on with our day. As you say, it isn't always worth the hassle and stress
Worse things happen at sea, as they say.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:31 PM

Yes WB. Sh1t happens. With social media it gets more immediate coverage.
There was a shooting in our neighbourhood a couple of nights ago. Something, a window in this case, rather than someone was shot at. No fatalities reported nor injuries. A police officer visited the houses around to try to gather any evidence they could and to assure that this was a specific personal matter.

But still. the whole neighbourhood seems to have hunkered down. Nobody much about. I walked my dog, took a few pics, met very few people.

Yes, sh1t happens. I'm not about to rule my lifestyle.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:36 PM

You aren't wrong, shit certainly does happen. In fact it seems to happen on a daily basis but like Beosoker said I think the media and social have a big part to play in that and seem to thrive on giving bad news.

I, like many people are used to it and you just shrug your shoulders and have to get on with it.

Sometimes I wish there was no such thing as the internet, sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Shit has always happened, so, it is logical, to be concerned if it stops happening.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Shit has always happened, so, it is logical, to be concerned if it stops happening.
No Schitt
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:43 PM

Is that Germanic.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is that Germanic.
good guess mate
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Shit happens has been my mantra since the mid sixties when I saw it as a bumper sticker. If you accept that shit will happen in your life from time to time and deal with it rather than moan, your life will run a lot smoother.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top