Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Re: Other members posts!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree with you Missy, but what if we are wrong?
People you chat with frequently are easier to judge, but what if somebody responds in a different manner to normal. Maybe they are having a bad day or have misunderstood somebody's post?

I try to be analytical of regular posters so I can understand why they think the way they do... and I am usually a good judge of character, but that doesn't mean I always get it right.

I think that bad feelings are often not created by what you say, but how you say it!
I can only go by the written word on here and when you see the same posts day in and day out, then to me it shows the person as they are

Sure we all have bad days and post a bit out of character at times, as we would speak in real life. But no matter who you pretend you are on forums, you cant hide your personality forever

I don't know if you have caught it yet, but theres a social experiment/game on C4 at the moment , with a group of people living in an apartment block who can only "meet" and chat to each other via a messenger service. The idea of the experiment is to become the most popular person. each person makes their own profile and persona. So we have had women pretending to be men and men pretending to be women, lying about their real lives, ages - everything. And each and everyone is being caught out, because at the end of the day, you cant forever pretend to be what you aren't really
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:05 AM

Assess other posters personalities and emotions?..erm..no..why would I?...They're just like Me and post/respond to whatever They wish..some Folks way of posting I like...Others not so much..and a few I give a very wide berth to...I have noticed some posts/posters seem to be more angry than They once were,but I don't intend losing any sleep worrying about it..live and let live..post and be damned
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It takes all sorts as they say, but I guess we can at least on a forum choose whether to respond or not, something which is more difficult to do face to face...
Excellent point, Barry.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Assess other posters personalities and emotions?..erm..no..why would I?...They're just like Me and post/respond to whatever They wish..some Folks way of posting I like...Others not so much..and a few I give a very wide berth to...I have noticed some posts/posters seem to be more angry than They once were,but I don't intend losing any sleep worrying about it..live and let live..post and be damned
Agreed.

I have made it quite clear on this forum and the others on which I post that I am on them for discussion purposes only. I have no interest in the personal lives of other posters, anymore than I expect them to have any interest in mine.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:41 AM

I think it's dangerous to over analyse people no matter how good you think you are at it.

I sort of agree with Tara just accept people for what they write here although I disagree that people are different in real life I have only met one person from here who is exactly as they present themselves online.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:51 AM

I don't anylise people in forums although when I first joined I think I did. Now I just mainly respond to the people I get good vibes from in here. Negative and attention seekers don't interest me. In real life there are some people I like and some I don't care for, it's pretty much the same in here. I ve enough going on in life without trying to work others out on a forum. There are some in here I wouldn't choose to be friendss with in the outside world and some I would.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think it's dangerous to over analyse people no matter how good you think you are at it.

To be fair some folk do like to know how others 'tick'

Others like myself just look at members typewritten responses and attitudes.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:56 AM

I sort of agree with Tara just accept people for what they write here although I disagree that people are different in real life I have only met one person from here who is exactly as they present themselves online.
I agree. Accept people at face value.
Trying to interpret a person’s personality from how they post is a bit senseless. People’s personalities change with their moods. Nobody ever stays stagnant. Well... most people that is

If anyone tried analyzing my posts they would think I was crazy and they’d be right.

My posts need to be taken with a grain of salt. I’m rarely ,if ever , serious about anything. Life’s too fun for me to be serious.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
To be fair some folk do like to know how others 'tick'

Others like myself just look at members typewritten responses and attitudes.

I suppose we are similar in that solo
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:03 AM

I suppose we are similar in that solo
Indeed summer. Having a laid back outlook on life comes in handy. Easy come, easy go .

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top