Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Re: Other members posts!

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think it's dangerous to over analyse people no matter how good you think you are at it.

I sort of agree with Tara just accept people for what they write here although I disagree that people are different in real life I have only met one person from here who is exactly as they present themselves online.
I am analytical in most things, so I don't think "I will analyse Mr Smith today", it is just how my mind works and it has often served me well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:05 AM

I do understand what you are saying Twink. I find it quite easy to work out what someone is like from their posts and sometimes they are out of character. Sometimes I disagree with people that I agree with 99% of the time so I don't comment.

Personally, I reckon anyone on a forum is seeking attention of some sort whether it's to show their pets, photographs, paintings, achievements or perhaps because they are feeling lonely or ill. Nothing wrong with that, it's the same in real life too, we all do it including me.

There are those on here that post the opposite to what they mean and there are those that say it straight. It's what makes the forum interesting and sometimes funny.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I do understand what you are saying Twink. I find it quite easy to work out what someone is like from their posts and sometimes they are out of character. Sometimes I disagree with people that I agree with 99% of the time so I don't comment.

Personally, I reckon anyone on a forum is seeking attention of some sort whether it's to show their pets, photographs, paintings, achievements or perhaps because they are feeling lonely or ill. Nothing wrong with that, it's the same in real life too, we all do it including me.

There are those on here that post the opposite to what they mean and there are those that say it straight. It's what makes the forum interesting and sometimes funny.
I totally agree LD and you are right, people wouldn't be on forums unless they were seeking some kind of attention.... although many would deny it!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:47 AM

I try to take each post and poster at face value. Obviously over the course of time you get used to certain individuals reactions and you become wary of some, or as in my case, just avoid them.

I wouldn't say I analyse people, it's an open forum and posters have to realise that, whatever their own individual quirks are, many other posters aren't going to make allowances.

For me the whole point is to come on, read, comment if I have anything to say, then when I log off I leave it all behind. I don't always succeed on the latter point But I do try. I have enough problems in my real life, I don't need to add online stuff to it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Personally I can cope with the pets, photos and paintings .... it's the politics that gets me. .... So extreme, so much aggression.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Personally I can cope with the pets, photos and paintings .... it's the politics that gets me. .... So extreme, so much aggression.
Oh gawd!..now Ye've done it..mentioned that word ..p------s..You naughty dood You...it'll be all downhill from now onwards
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Totally agree with dOOd.

(Sorry May ).
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Totally agree with dOOd.

(Sorry May ).
..I also agree with dood Mups...I'm just waiting for those (extreme & aggressive) posters to come and have a go
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 11:37 AM

Don't worry May, I'm sure they will. And we both know who they are.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

26-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Heh heh..it'll be all that doods fault ....I do hope No-one is analysing My posts ....I just couldn't bear it

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top