Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 04:45 PM

Re: What kind of arts n crafts are you into?

I used to do lots of crewel and needlepoint, and made Christmas ornaments. Since I've been online, rarely touch it anymore, sadly. Lots of half-finished pieces . Will post some pics after lunch.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Those owls are cute Meg!
Thank you Azz

Losos please post some pictures of your woodwork ..
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 06:09 PM

this is one I`ve just finished. I thought I`d do a series on ordinary life, based on old family snaps.
so this is me with my youngest on holiday. It was a time of crisis in our lives - I think it portrays that.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 06:13 PM

What clever people we have here!
I'm afraid I'm neither arty or crafty. I used to do some dressmaking but haven't for years (I can still use the sewing machine to make curtains though!) and used to relax with knitting and crochet. Like amny others I'm afraid the TV and the IT grab a lot of time now which I would previously have spent using my hands
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 07:39 PM

Oh Claire what a lovely expressive picture ...
You clever lady
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 08:10 PM

That's beautiful, Claire!

Here are a few things I did: [IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Lovely needlework there. Beautiflu mix of colours.
I used to do embroidery but my eyesight deteriorated and I don`t like to strain it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-08-2009, 09:22 PM

I did that footstool cover on the subway when I was working in the suburbs. I was doing a reverse commute: City to suburb, so the train was never crowded going to work or coming home ...usually had a seat all to myself and could spread out with my needlepoint.

The linen has darkened badly on the crewel sconce, unfortunately. I have enough tree ornaments for the whole tree.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-08-2009, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I did that footstool cover on the subway when I was working in the suburbs. I was doing a reverse commute: City to suburb, so the train was never crowded going to work or coming home ...usually had a seat all to myself and could spread out with my needlepoint.

The linen has darkened badly on the crewel sconce, unfortunately. I have enough tree ornaments for the whole tree.
I love the first one most Dandysmom it must have taken you hours to do them.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

10-08-2009, 03:31 AM

Awww, thanks, Meg! It did take a while, but I enjoyed doing it; passed the time and was very relaxing after a day's work.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top