Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Re: Have you ever been attracted?

I think some people are just good at social media, I know someone who is so popular on screen loads of pals and the life and soul of any site she is a member of (not here) have to say those of us who know her in real life see a very different person.

To be good at social media you have to spend time on it and get used to the site politics and personalities, I come and go here so I'm never really sure who is who. A few folks I know from another site and I sometimes say hello but that's about it for me....I love reading the posts and banter though... I like this site
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Bugger it Pesta, I'll have to get me dancing shoes on again and meet you for my world famous dancing attributes.
I'm a 109 now, but still strut my stuff on the dance floor like a Gorilla on steroids.
Side together, side together, point ..............
If you can still bend a bit of 22mm tube, dancing is a doddle.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:58 AM

I have met many people from other forums ( photography / wildlife) and they all appeared to be the same as online, but that was because of shared interests.

But i dont believe you can form a real opinion of someone simply through posts, so to meet with someone is the only way, and it would take me a long time to trust my initial instincts of someones online persona.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:10 AM

Very wise Nom!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Now you tell me, after I have just ditched all my razors.
I do like them LD, I just don't have the energy to chase them! If they chase me, they could catch me very easily!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

17-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yep.

I must admit I have, and I do not go along with the reasoning that they are only just words on a screen.

Those I have met have been absolutely gorgeous, exactly as they posted .

Unfortunately, well out of my league.
How do you mean out of your league?
Remember intelligence can make beautiful things, not usually the other way round.
I'm sure you're very interesting to talk to, that's a very good quality.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
After skimming over all the usual chit chat which these threads descend into....this is it really, Azure.
I enjoy chatting to most people on these forums and you do get quite attached to some members (mentioning no names of course. Not in a physical sense obviously, but it's fun to get a little flirty with one another, but strictly banter though. All good, harmless fun.
That's it Floydy. All good fun, and flirting is like 'Sunshine on a rainy day'.

It's s a bit like reading your favourite Journalist in a Newspaper.

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Before I read all the posts let me say the world is very strange. About three years ago I got this message on Plenty of Fish. Just `Hi how are you? No profile,no photo.

99.9% of the time I would have ignored it. But I replied.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
To someone you've got to know on a forum?

I admit to it happening to me a time or two.

However - being happily married I chose to enjoy the feeling but not do anything about it (as any sensible woman would.)

Has it happened to you and what did you do about it? (If anything)
Yes and I met some people who are now friends and one whose funeral I have attended. It starts with a flirt but then something else clicks in. I am attracted-we could be friends.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Before I read all the posts let me say the world is very strange. About three years ago I got this message on Plenty of Fish. Just `Hi how are you? No profile,no photo.

99.9% of the time I would have ignored it. But I replied.
And...

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top