Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Re: Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If I was even ten years younger I'd be planning to leave the UK. If I was twenty years younger I'd have already left.
Exactly how I feel. Unless something very unusual happens, this country is going to become untenable.

As it is by the end of this week I'll have put my house out of harm's way then there'll be nothing that an incoming Labour government can get their hands on.
I too am becoming worried about what might happen. Could you please explain further what you'd advise us to do with regard to our property to prevent some corrupt government depriving us of what is ours?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 02:08 PM

Yet another bloody hypocrite opens his gob.

Where was Gove when the House debated the cuts being imposed on the sick and disabled ??? In fact, why didn't he vote against it either in the lobby or in the Cabinet previously ???

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/06/1...-michael-gove/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 02:28 PM

I just love Corby's plan to tax anyone who happens to have a garden! Does that include council house tenants too? or is he just after those who are fortunate to own their homes?

How do you plan to hide your house AT? It reminds me of when Greece in their dire straits with the EU and trying to rectify all those who had evaded taxes, planned to tax anyone with a swimming pool. Owners covered them with tarpaulins to hide them as the government spied on them from the air as they searched for those with swimming pools.

What's your secret plan please ? share it with us.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly how I feel. Unless something very unusual happens, this country is going to become untenable.

I too am becoming worried about what might happen. Could you please explain further what you'd advise us to do with regard to our property to prevent some corrupt government depriving us of what is ours?
I've been a bit creative in my use of existing tax avoidance legislation and have set up an offshore trust in a place that has no register of beneficial owners.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 03:16 PM

I've been a bit creative in my use of existing tax avoidance legislation and have set up an offshore trust in a place that has no register of beneficial owners.
No idea what that means but good luck to you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Hi

My daughter, who is estranged, but likes her money, she is a highly paid Corporate Tax Accountant, has sorted the issue for me.

It does not involve offshore trusts or anything of the like.

I have been transferring Capital to my kids for years, I am now in a position where I will be below the Inheritance Tax Threshold.

Corbyn's Plans do not include me.

They would have done if I had not done a massive downsize last year.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I just love Corby's plan to tax anyone who happens to have a garden! Does that include council house tenants too? or is he just after those who are fortunate to own their homes?
If Compo ever does become PM, and if he manages to get his outrageous plans accepted in Parliament, I don't know what I'd be able to do to prevent him taxing me for having a garden.

Perhaps if I turned it into a vegetable plot. Surely he wouldn't tax anyone who is trying to be self-sufficient?

I suppose the best thing to do would be to have a look and see what sort of land he and Abbott each possesses, and do the same.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If Compo ever does become PM, and if he manages to get his outrageous plans accepted in Parliament, I don't know what I'd be able to do to prevent him taxing me for having a garden.

Perhaps if I turned it into a vegetable plot. Surely he wouldn't tax anyone who is trying to be self-sufficient?

I suppose the best thing to do would be to have a look and see what sort of land he and Abbott each possesses, and do the same.
Manure, lots of it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 04:52 PM

I see Sajid Javid is whinging about not being invited to the recent state banquet held for Donald Trump. He said his exclusion from the state banquet held for the US President was "odd".

Nothing to do with criticising the Donald for when he re-tweeting some tweets from Britain First then? A thinly veiled accusation that he didn't get an invite because he was Muslim has also been proffered. Wonder if he'll make the same accusation if he doesn't become the next PM?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:26 AM

As all the women candidates have now departed PolHome’s Anastasia Zawierucha has given the remaining candidates a bit of a makeover

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top