Join for free
Page 20 of 505 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 11:21 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Better a few disgruntled passengers than a savage epidemic wiping out hundreds of people like the 'Spanish Flu' did years ago.

Too right, Tabs.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Better a few disgruntled passengers than a savage epidemic wiping out hundreds of people like the 'Spanish Flu' did years ago.

It's not going to be a few disgruntled passengers. Cruise lines will see customers cancel their cruises in their droves. Each ship has say 3000-5000 passengers each paying say £3000. It's a huge amount of lost revenue if tons of people cancel and don't cruise anymore on the basis that their cruises would be ruined by the medical protocols involved.

It will cripple the industry.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 12:41 AM

I thought the cruise liner industry wasn't very environmentally friendly. Next there will be a theory that this was engineered by eco warriors to reduce the world's population.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought the cruise liner industry wasn't very environmentally friendly. Next there will be a theory that this was engineered by eco warriors to reduce the world's population.

Sshh, Annie. lol.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Sshh, Annie. lol.
I know it's off topic but honestly!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I know it's off topic but honestly!
But honestly . . . if anyone thinks these viruses just happen out of nature they need their head seeing to. Lab manufactured. And global de-population is well known by most awake people. It's called Agenda 21
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-01-2020, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
But honestly . . . if anyone thinks these viruses just happen out of nature they need their head seeing to. Lab manufactured. And global de-population is well known by most awake people. It's called Agenda 21
It doesn't matter to me where it originated, I'm concerned about the people suffering and dying and am hoping we can contain and eradicate it. There are nasty viruses everywhere on this planet if we look for them. They have always been there and somehow by chance we stumble across them just by living here. It's not like someone originally created the bubonic plague in a lab.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 03:31 AM

The plain fact is that flu virus do originate with various types of animals. Bird flu, swine flu etc etc. The virus mutates on it's own and jumps species. I don't immediately recall which type of flu it was a few years back but the Chinese gov't were forced to kill off millions of chickens.

Until and unless there is absolute proof of an "agenda" , I refuse to become worried to the point of paranoia.

It amazes me how some folks will go far out of their way to create conspiracy theories.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The plain fact is that flu virus do originate with various types of animals. Bird flu, swine flu etc etc. The virus mutates on it's own and jumps species. I don't immediately recall which type of flu it was a few years back but the Chinese gov't were forced to kill off millions of chickens.

Until and unless there is absolute proof of an "agenda" , I refuse to become worried to the point of paranoia.

It amazes me how some folks will go far out of their way to create conspiracy theories.
Yes I agree Bakerman....there is enough bad things in the world without no proof conspiracy theories...sorry Realist just my opinion.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 08:14 AM

It's not going to be a few disgruntled passengers. Cruise lines will see customers cancel their cruises in their droves. Each ship has say 3000-5000 passengers each paying say £3000. It's a huge amount of lost revenue if tons of people cancel and don't cruise anymore on the basis that their cruises would be ruined by the medical protocols involved.

It will cripple the industry.
I still say better that than thousands of deaths, Realist. The cruise industry will survive - vulnerable people won't.

Page 20 of 505 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top