Join for free
Page 24 of 505 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 08:13 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Our boy, currently living in Oz, has been skyping, advising us on the best mask to buy, goggles too, sent this link ...

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...75ae62e5c06e61

The good news ... it's levelling out, fizzling out, hopefully.

EDIT you might have to click Trends at the bottom to see what I mean about levelling out.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 01:30 AM

Sky News @ midnight wasn’t good .

and
They’re trying to trace who the two in the York Hotel might have been in contact with .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I take it that's a "no"?

How do you know if I haven't already had it?

I had a cold/flu like bout just after Christmas coming off a cruise. Pretty typical stuff from such an environment of 1000s of people in one confined place. No issues.
A sore throat for 24 hrs, dry tickly cough for the following 1-2 weeks and so on. Probably had a raised temperature too and fast heart beat.

All very much par for the course with such bugs.

Of course I didn't feel the need to report this to anyone. I never do. I don't go rushing to my local GP when I get cold/flu like symptoms.

And neither do millions of other people.

So let's be truthful here. The actual number of cases of Coronavirus is very likely many many thousands more than are being stated because the only cases being stated are those that have been reported, where people went to their GP.

So the Case Fatality Rate of 2% is likely massively high and thus our chances of dying from this virus are likely much much smaller than 2%. But of course such truths don't make for good sensationalist TV and don't support a deliberate media Campaign of Fear which will (I guarantee) lead to the sale of a $billion Coronavirus vaccine (which I have no doubt already exists)

We can expect in the coming months for them to suddenly say that they have magically rushed a vaccine through all the testing cycles that normally take an age and that people can trot off for their Coronavirus shot.

Same old same old.

Campaign of fear to sell pills, potions and vaccines.

But naïve people still fall for it so that business model will continue.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:41 AM

Ha ha ya gotta laugh - as predicted the plane taking Australian citizens from Wuhan has to stop at an RAAF base in WA for them to move to smaller planes for their flight to Christmas Island for two weeks in a detention centre.

The Federal government is not charging them $1000 as mentioned before claiming it was a "miscommunication".

Non Australians who have been in or transited through mainland China from 1st February have had their visas cancelled. The Government announced anyone who has arrived after the restrictions came into place would be put "in an alternative place of detention for a quarantine period".

This has had a dramatic effect on arrivals according to the ABC News instead of the normal 5000 arrivals in Melbourne today 700 people arrived.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...reaks/11921416
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 04:34 PM

I don’t think sarcasm or laughter has any place in a discussion about this problem causing worldwide concern .
We already know the usual cold and flu remedies are not going to work against a virus ?
A 38 yr old man had died now in the Philippines .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 04:46 PM

Hi

Simple fact of life.

If your Immune or Respiratory system is under stress you are far more at risk.

Simple solution, get your Flu Jab.
Zuleika
North West UK

02-02-2020, 04:53 PM

This isn’t flu !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
This isn’t flu !

Quite so.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 02:33 AM

Almost 300 Australians have left the coronavirus epicentre of Wuhan on a chartered Qantas evacuation flight that will take them to Christmas Island via Western Australia.

The flight, which landed in Wuhan at 1:10am (local time) via Hong Kong, was expected to depart one hour later but experienced delays on the tarmac.

There were issues complicating the flight, including the fact Wuhan airport was closed to regular services.

However delays had been expected and planned for.

Some Australians in Wuhan declined the evacuation, choosing to wait things out rather than accept the indirect route home.

The volunteer crew members would be sealed on an upper deck for most of the flight.

They are there for safety requirements, ie managing doors on departure and arrival, they are all wearing gloves and medical-grade masks.

The plane will be deep cleaned before being returned to normal service.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...light/11922638

At the moment Australia has seven confirmed cases of the disease.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
This isn’t flu !
Hi

I know that.

Read my post.

If your immune system is compromised or you have respiratory problems you are more likely to be seriously affected by this virus.

A simple Medical Fact.

If you have Flu your immune system is compromised fighting that infection, you also have respiratory problems.

This puts you in the highest risk category.

Simple, basic advise which you choose to ignore.

Your life, your choice.

Page 24 of 505 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top