Join for free
Page 619 of 737 « First < 119 519 569 609 617 618 619 620 621 629 669 719 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 12:21 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Those stupid new spring plugs in sinks!
You unscrew to clean and they won't screw back!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Do you mean 'Click Clacks' Sweetie?
Our one only lasted a year, now it just rolls around the sink and will neither click nor clack...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What a coincidence, ours "Popped" out this morning, and won't Pop back in again.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 10:26 AM

The little 'Spigot' is the problem Spitty and Sweetie....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 10:30 AM

I think its new waste time Foxy, it ain't like all the simple ones on Youtube.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-06-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think its new waste time Foxy, it ain't like all the simple ones on Youtube.
They don't make stuff like they used to Spitty. It used to be a nip down to the hardware shop for a new plug costing about fifty pence, now you've got to take all the waste pipe off, and I can't even get to mine because the sink is freestanding and sits on a bloody great piece of porcelain bolted to the wall. So now it's a plug I need, a couple of foot of pipe, and a tube of bathroom sealant (that only comes in industrial size tubes) and probably a plumber because I can't be arsed....

And while we are on the subject! My next grumble of the day comes from someones brilliant idea to replace a couple of pence rubber tap washer with the all singing all dancing ceramic quarter turn taps. My kitchen tap is dripping after only a couple of years of hard labour. So now it's going to cost me thirty quid for a new ceramic cartridge that only come in two's....

Progress is sh$te and only benefits the companies supplying this rubbish that only lasts ten minutes. Absolutely nothing wrong with a plug on a chain, and taps with washers.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 01:54 PM

Yes, you two got it.

Now I am annoyed about this damn wind!!!
I opened my window, and my heavy curtains blew down! grrrrrr
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:00 PM

Things that annoy me?

When our cats bring in dead mice and birds.

It's usually mice and if we see them whilst they're still alive, we attempt to catch them and let them go outside (and keep the cats in for an hour to give the mice time to get away).

Less often it's birds, like a dead sparrow I've just found. Somehow, that's worse than mice.

I wish they wouldn't do it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:38 PM

What annoys me is Football! I even loathe the sound of it and the weird, obsessive, shouty behaviour of not only the fans, but the twerps in the studio giving the commentary too.

It annoys me intensley how the time always over-runs on telly too.

Why is that?

It is not even as if they are still playing the match due to injuries etc.
It's the football pundits who are allowed to sit in the studio, showing the same goal 50 more times, and waffling on and on about the match everybody has already seen.

You rarely get other programmes allowed to carry on after their alloted time, mucking up the start times of everything else for the rest of the evening. Why football?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What annoys me is Football! I even loathe the sound of it and the weird, obsessive, shouty behaviour of not only the fans, but the twerps in the studio giving the commentary too.

It annoys me intensley how the time always over-runs on telly too.

Why is that?

It is not even as if they are still playing the match due to injuries etc.
It's the football pundits who are allowed to sit in the studio, showing the same goal 50 more times, and waffling on and on about the match everybody has already seen.

You rarely get other programmes allowed to carry on after their alloted time, mucking up the start times of everything else for the rest of the evening. Why football?
What's even more annoying now with new programming at an all-time low is that we are being shown REPEATS of football. It's bad enough at the best of times at weekends for those of us who don't like the game but now we have these repeats. I wonder if next time a payment is due on my television licence I can just say "please just stamp it repeat" and pay nothing!

Page 619 of 737 « First < 119 519 569 609 617 618 619 620 621 629 669 719 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top