Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 10:33 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Psychologists are twats, what about their back catalogue. No one questions that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Psychologists are twats, what about their back catalogue. No one questions that.
I’m inclined to agree with you there Spitty, in my opinion it’s impossible to get into another human beings mind, and thank God for that, it’s just about the last bit of privacy left to us these days.

I’ve been married for 55 years and I never had a clue what the missus is thinking, what chance does a psychiatrist have when a complete stranger walks into his office and asks for a reading?
The poor doc would know more about the man in the moon than he knows about yerman lying on the couch.

If we fear something my guess is that it came in a piece of DNA we inherited from our ancestors, one of which could have been badly burnt in a fire for example and the fear of fire would carry on down to you, same as would other fears and phobias, possibly talents as well.
Phychiatrists? Hooks, crooks, and chancers the lot of them, keep your money in your pocket and don’t go near them, you are the only one who knows what goes on in your own head.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 09:29 PM

News headline yesterday.
“Australia gets second wave of toilet paper hoarding”
It just goes to show you where some peoples priorities lie in a crisis, as our American friends might say, “It’s all about looking after your own Ass”
Fair enough, but do people have to take it literally?

Seriously, let’s hope there are not too many waves before we finally say goodbye to this horrible disease.

I was talking to an old friend of mine today, a retired jump jockey, he’s a real horsey man and knows all about them.
He gave me some profitable tips over the years and he still has good contacts with a few prominent stables.
He mentioned a certain horse for me to watch out for next week when the bookies open again, saying the horse was a nine year old and hadn’t run for some months, but he (the horse) was “in rude health”

I had heard this expression many times from horsey people but never knew where it came from, so I asked him did he know.
“It’s a very old English expression Jem, and as you well know, farting is rude, but when a horse farts it’s a sign that everything inside is working as it should, he’s as healthy as sin, and as strong as Samson, that’s what rude health means—in good health, just like a farting horse”
Well I’ll be darned, as my old American employer used to say, every day’s a school day.

What about farting old cows, there’s a few of them up in my local, especially after the old folks curry special on Thursdays, some of the old dears can barely make it up to the bar counter at closing time, never mind run in the 3.30 at Kempton, but they are great company and know how to have a good laugh, they never stop slagging me and I can’t wait to see them all again, God bless ‘em.

I remember this being played on the radio a lot when I was a wee lad, if you listen very carefully you can hear the horse fart several times.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 01:55 PM

I bring greetings from a long lost Scribbler.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:08 PM

Hello Sweetie, we are all metaphorically "Lost" who have contributed to this thread, that said, being Lost is preferable to being on a Road to Nowhere.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:10 PM

Hello Sweetie, we are all metaphorically "Lost" who have contributed to this thread, that said, being Lost is preferable to being on a Road to Nowhere.
I rarely lose contact with forum friends.

Nice to see you are all scribbling away still.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-06-2020, 10:01 PM

Its been a funny sort of day, not that is unusual, blasts from the past come along sequentially, its all in the game, supposedly.
durk
New Member!
NewZealand
durk is male 

29-06-2020, 12:10 AM

G'day gentlemen - greetings from the land down under and the land of the great white cloud - a well known swagman mentioned your bar to me and suggested I have a lookie in - no broads?

talkin of which OZ is exportin thousands of 'virgin's right now fully kitted in smart aluring outfits - wot about that 'lingus' outfit ya got over there in Ireland any room there for a few?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-06-2020, 07:32 AM

Jem, this is virgin on the ridiculous.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-06-2020, 02:59 PM

Jem, this is virgin on the ridiculous.
Oh I know.
“Carry me back to old Virginia” Virginia wasn’t old when I knew her, God love her, they used to call her Virgin for short, but not for long.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top