Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:27 AM

Re: Oi, Who Nicked My Bread Roll?

Seagull.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
If the wrapper that wrapped the roll was on the lawn, but the burger was untouched, you have a vegetarian thief, because it would have stolen the burger as well, unless you disturbed it as you went back out. If so it must be something that can fly.
Birds are very good at undoing things, the Rooks here are forever undoing the strings I tie the mesh around the bird table on with.
Back to your thief, the bird, if that is what it was, had time to unwrap the roll before it made off with it, but not enough time to get back for the burger.
I think a bird is your culprit, it had the motive & the time. Unless you have foxes, but a fox would have taken the burger first I think.
I promise I was nowhere near the place.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 08:12 AM

So funny Art....some fat little birds where you live

Actually I was repotting a plant the other day I put it on the wall and went to get a trowel I got back just in time to see a sheep from the field over the wall finishing off munching my about to be repotted plant....cheeky thing!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 08:50 AM

Posh Birds don't eat Burgers, Art!

They prefer food to be well Bread!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 09:41 AM

Art the bread 'roll' could have rolled away under a bush, did you search the bushes on your hands and knees ..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:18 AM

I remember a few years ago on the allotment one of the ladies had her bag taken from atop a stool. Taken by a fox which may have wanted the cheese roll inside. It also contained her house keys and her tenancy agreement. Had to get new locks (she could get in), and the bag was found many months later deep in the wild life section of the site. Several people there do feed the foxes with sandwiches so it was probably only taking what it thought was theirs.

But in Art’s case mayhaps a bird. I’d have been very disappointed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:56 PM

Well, l have had another search round and there’s still no sign of my elusive bread roll.
I laughed at myself rechecking because Meg said, it might be under a bush!

Please don’t anyone advise me to report it to the police!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Posh Birds don't eat Burgers, Art!

They prefer food to be well Bread!

Ted, it was an off the counter proper beef burger not one of those cheapo cardboard ones that you can buy!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I remember a few years ago on the allotment one of the ladies had her bag taken from atop a stool. Taken by a fox which may have wanted the cheese roll inside. It also contained her house keys and her tenancy agreement. Had to get new locks (she could get in), and the bag was found many months later deep in the wild life section of the site. Several people there do feed the foxes with sandwiches so it was probably only taking what it thought was theirs.

But in Art’s case mayhaps a bird. I’d have been very disappointed.
Jazzi, l haven’t seen a fox in my garden for ages. There is a big black bird that’s around quite often but how on earth would it get what was described as a large bap in its beak?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So funny Art....some fat little birds where you live

Actually I was repotting a plant the other day I put it on the wall and went to get a trowel I got back just in time to see a sheep from the field over the wall finishing off munching my about to be repotted plant....cheeky thing!
summer, There’s always robins about but no way could they lift a large bap singlehandly! They would need a crew of them!!

That sheep was a bit cheeky munching your plant... but this is the beauty or the drawback of living in the country!

I hope you’re enjoying your new home and that you are feeling much better after your recent balance trouble.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top