Join for free
Page 726 of 737 « First < 226 626 676 716 724 725 726 727 728 736 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:25 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But if you don't watch it does it matter whether it is over?

Of course it does, Besoeker.

You seem to have missed the whole point.
It is because so much sport is on day and night, 7 days a week at the mo, that I have very little left to watch.

I do not have Sky, or Netflix or anything like that, so rely on the usual channels, so for the next month, because we're swamped with football, there is very little I can see, except very old repeats - and most of those were repeated last week and the week before too!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Of course it does, Besoeker.

You seem to have missed the whole point.
It is because so much sport is on day and night, 7 days a week at the mo, that I have very little left to watch.

I do not have Sky, or Netflix or anything like that, so rely on the usual channels, so for the next month, because we're swamped with football, there is very little I can see, except very old repeats - and most of those were repeated last week and the week before too!
Get a Fire Stick. £40.
You don't have to pay for Netflix or Prime.
Just watch all the many things on the free channels...

and no football!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Get a Fire Stick. £40.
You don't have to pay for Netflix or Prime.
Just watch all the many things on the free channels...

and no football!

JBR, I know I must sound really thick, but I don't even know what a Firestick is, or what to do with it if I had one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 11:39 PM

JBR, I know I must sound really thick, but I don't even know what a Firestick is, or what to do with it if I had one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/fire-tv-sti...c=1&th=1&psc=1

You plug it into an HDMI socket in the back of your telly.
Then follow the instructions.
You'll need an internet connection.

(You don't need a TV licence if you're not watching any live TV or BBC iPlayer.)
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 03:18 AM

not being able to get to sleep at 3.18 am ..DRAT...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-06-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
not being able to get to sleep at 3.18 am ..DRAT...
There's a very effective solution, but I don't think this is the best forum on which to mention it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 10:13 AM

It's like a match for lighting fires Mups..

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:36 AM

Morning Mups....

If you connect your telly to the internet and make it a 'Smart Telly' and start watching programmes and films you might need to upgrade your internet package Mups, because you might exceed your allowance.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Mups....

If you connect your telly to the internet and make it a 'Smart Telly' and start watching programmes and films you might need to upgrade your internet package Mups, because you might exceed your allowance.....
I'm not sure. At present, we have a nominal 100Mbs download speed, but we're in the process of getting a copper telephone line and a standard 10Mbs broadband connection.
From what I've read, watching an internet television source (which is what the Fire Stick provides) requires no more than 2-4 Mbs.

I'll let people here know whether it is successful in a couple of weeks, but others here have found it so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure. At present, we have a nominal 100Mbs download speed, but we're in the process of getting a copper telephone line and a standard 10Mbs broadband connection.
From what I've read, watching an internet television source (which is what the Fire Stick provides) requires no more than 2-4 Mbs.

I'll let people here know whether it is successful in a couple of weeks, but others here have found it so.
Aren't you charged on the number of Gigabytes used JB, I have a limit on the amount of memory I can use.?
At the moment I'm allowed 15Gb...Or else I will have to upgrade.

PS: Sorry JB, I just checked and I'm on unlimited use....
It was my google email account that allows me 15Gb...

Talk about 'Senior Moments'.....
I just took my car in to have a new windscreen after a stone flew up on the motorway and what started as a little chip, soon found it's way across the whole windscreen..
Anyway, yesterday Mrs Fox and me went to check out the company where my insurance company told me to present the car at 9:30 am this morning.

I went out early for my run, quickly showered, and drove to the place only to be told I had come to the wrong company.... Turns out it was 'National Windscreens' and not 'Auto Windscreens'....Today has not started well.....

Page 726 of 737 « First < 226 626 676 716 724 725 726 727 728 736 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top