Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:46 AM

Re: Do you like listening to

It all depends on who is telling the story, and the subject matter.

I've heard many a dull story in my lifetime, but I've heard many interesting ones. These are the ones I remember.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
No! Not really.
Ditto. Why would I care to listen about ordinary people who I don't know and never will know.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:57 AM

I used to love the tails my grandparents told us kids about the Hebridean Isles and their myths and legends. I used to lap up every word, for as much as I knew our island, the tales were from long ago when the world was different. These days it depends on who's telling and if I'm in the mood to listen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I had a workman here this week sorting broken fence in garden I took him a cuppa and he started to chat , he is a lovely ole feller , well he chatted and chatted and I tried to take a few steps away but he chatted and chatted until I was just watching his mouth move and wasnt hearing the words, my legs started to hurt and I wanted my cuppa too . Eventually I smiled and ended his conversation . I never knew what he was chatting about in the end. However he did a good job of the fence and it didnt cost any more than the quote.

Non the less he was a lovely ole feller.
Yep, you just had to listen, you did not want him taking of-fence.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
All I said was, we have showed our scars....yours looked far worse than mine Art..

Mine has healed up nicely has yours?

I was grateful of the support on here at that time, I felt dreadful after my heart operation...

Just kind words that I received from members helped me, I didn’t feel so alone.
I like listening - it is a good way to learn.

You are so right, Pauline, the support in here is fantastic!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:40 AM

Don't much care about pics of scars unless it from a hemorrhoidectomy in which case they're indistinguishable from the underside view of a sea urchin.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I would imagine that would depend on the individual.

The one who is listening.
I agree.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

05-07-2021, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I had a workman here this week sorting broken fence in garden I took him a cuppa and he started to chat , he is a lovely ole feller , well he chatted and chatted and I tried to take a few steps away but he chatted and chatted until I was just watching his mouth move and wasnt hearing the words, my legs started to hurt and I wanted my cuppa too . Eventually I smiled and ended his conversation . I never knew what he was chatting about in the end. However he did a good job of the fence and it didnt cost any more than the quote.

Non the less he was a lovely ole feller.
LOL! I can sympathise, Susan. I've experienced this kind of thing too.

Two or three summers ago I was waylaid by some old bloke on my way back from the shops. He kept talking and talking for about 20 minutes. My ice lollies and butter were completely melted! I couldn't get a word in edgeways, and I didn't even know the guy!

Eventually I was rescued by another victim. I think it was someone he knew this time. I made a hasty exit, telling him it that it had been lovely chatting with him, but he completely ignored me while he went to work this other poor bloke!
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:33 PM

I've been told I'm a good listener, just don't ask me to repeat. LOL I am a people watcher, not so much a talker.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I’m interested in history and genealogy so I love listening to people’s stories about their family history especially if I can use anything they tell in my writing about the area welive in.

I love History and genealogy and if need be we could just try a few swaps, but it would have to be a timed shared slot, otherwise I would go on and on and on....no blood relations in my searches but lots of interesting lively stories... but that has not stopped my enthusiasm ....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top