Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

12-07-2021, 11:11 AM

Re: I don’t like football

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Plus we only have to wait another 55 years before we get to another final.
Well, I guess none of us will be around to see it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have not seen one English flag around here in the pubs or cars. Its like living in mini-Italy right now I think that answers it, sadly, Arty. I don't care who wins...I just want it all done with
I'd have been happier to see the Union Flag flying everywhere but it looks like we're all divided now.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Well, I guess none of us will be around to see it.

With the covid spreading like wildfire again through the crowds all shoulder to shoulder there probably won't be many of our grandkids to see it either.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 11:57 AM

I am assuming that by football, you mean soccer, however it doesn't matter. There are only 2 sports I can stand Baseball(but only if it's live) and the Olympics. The Olympics is the only sport I watch televised. I don't know why, but sports I really don't get the attraction. As a photographer, I love sports because I love stop action photography, but could careless about the outcome.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

12-07-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
The Olympics is the only sport I watch televised.
Strictly speaking the Olympics isn’t a sport. It’s a gathering in which athletes compete in different sports.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

12-07-2021, 01:28 PM

I am assuming that by football, you mean soccer
Yes we mean the game that is called soccer in the USA and a few other countries. To most of the countries in the world it’s football as opposed to American and Aussie Rules football.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Oh dear oh dear…..the pedants are alive and well it seems

Attached Images

Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Strictly speaking the Olympics isn’t a sport. It’s a gathering in which athletes compete in different sports.
Sorry will try to be more specific in the future. Still the only televised sporting Events I care for.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 03:55 PM

Sorry will try to be more specific in the future. Still the only televised sporting Events I care for.
Consider yourself TOLD! Next time you transgress it will be the naughty step
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 04:14 PM

This afternoon I saw a horrific video of football hooligans at Wembley last night. The people were trying to get in who didn't have tickets and the ticket holders where kicking the living daylights out of them. I saw one poor lad on the floor and being kicked in the head by three different men, what the hell is wrong with people, one would murder someone over a ruddy football ticket because after all, numerous kicks to the head could quite possibly kill someone, even one blow like I saw could have killed him.

I know some were wrong to try get in with no tickets but good lord, I was speechless when I saw that video, humans behaving like wild pack animals

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top