Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:03 PM

Re: Bus Depot.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm not telling you how to behave, Pauline. I also don't follow any religion. I just recall something about turning the other cheek, which, in this situation means letting it go (my interpretation). You and Jack got home safely and that's what matters.

Again..you are interpreting scripture as it suits you....you told me reporting him wasn’t Christian like...that is your opinion.and also a man made religion...imo.......my faith is alive not man made.

Turning the other cheek has nothing to do with putting in a complaint..imo./ belief.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:04 PM

Ok, I'm done. This is bickering now and will result in the thread being closed. Do what you like.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ok, I'm done. This is bickering now and will result in the thread being closed. Do what you like.

Pixie I don’t see it as bickering, I see it as learning from each other...

It’s interesting seeing how you thought I dealt with the situation.. I thank you for it.

Your posts were extremely insightful to me.

I learnt we have extremely strong opinions and neither one of us were budging.....

Yes I also agree I was in error when I left jack...Dex was correct....

I think you were also correct Pixie..I over reacted...to his insults....the fog is clearing..

I need to be more humble...that’s a tough one for me, but I’m very slowly getting there

In fact being humble is a wonderful quality..I don’t possess it yet,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agreed. It serves no purpose.

Pauline, you were in error leaving Jack tied up unattended, the driver was wrong for going on at you about it so vociferously. Both of you had good intentions.

Lessons learnt all round. Jog on

I agree too.
I would leave it alone now.

Also Pauline, in all fairness, you did say in several posts (this came from post 24) that . . . " No proper communication from him just a load of insults flying my way...no wonder I shouted out loud and reacted ".

So it was alright for you to shout, but not him?

A short story here.
A while ago, I had been to the vets and left my dog in the car outside the shop (the window next to her open a few inches) I went in just to pick up a bottle of milk. About 4 mins I was gone.

When I returned, a chap parked next to me said dogs must have car windows left open - I said she had.
It was not a hot day, else I'd never have left her in the first place, and I pointed out it was dull and overcast, one window was open, and I had been precisely 4 mins.

I said that she was perfectly safe, I could see her from where I was, and it was a cool day.
I certainly did not shout at him as you said you did, in fact I thanked him for taking notice and looking out for her. After all, I could have been one of these heartless owners who leave them to die in boiling hot cars for all he knew.

When I thanked him, the ice was broken, he smiled, I smiled, and an unpleasant row was averted.

Personally, I hate these people who see possible cruelty and sit back and say nothing.
I am glad some people do something about it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree too.
I would leave it alone now.

Also Pauline, in all fairness, you did say in several posts (this came from post 24) that . . . " No proper communication from him just a load of insults flying my way...no wonder I shouted out loud and reacted ".

So it was alright for you to shout, but not him?

A while ago, I had been to the vets and left my dog in the car outside the shop (the window next to her open a few inches) I went in just to pick up a bottle of milk. About 4 mins I was gone.

When I returned, a chap parked next to me said dogs must have car windows left open - I said she had.
It was not a hot day, else I'd never have left her in the first place, and I pointed out it was dull and overcast, one window was open, and I had been precisely 4 mins.

I said that she was perfectly safe, I could see her from where I was, and it was a cool day.
I certainly did not shout at him as you said you did, in fact I thanked him for taking notice and looking out for her. After all, I could have been one of these heartless owners who leave them to die in boiling hot cars for all he knew.

When I thanked him, the ice was broken, he smiled, I smiled, and an unpleasant row was averted.

Personally, I hate these people who see possible cruelty and sit back and say nothing.
I am glad some people care.

Yes, I agree two wrongs don’t make a right..I went down to his level...by shouting back and letting the whole bus station know, what I thought of him.

But none of us are perfect gal are we?

Matey didn’t shout and bawl at you though did he Mups...?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:22 PM

Pauline I sympathise with the situation you found yourself in.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing I think I would’ve risked carrying my dog into the nearest toilets rather than leave him . Glad it all ended well for you and your Jack
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Pauline I sympathise with the situation you found yourself in.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing I think I would’ve risked carrying my dog into the nearest toilets rather than leave him . Glad it all ended well for you and your Jack

Thank you Ripple..yes I think I should have taken him in with me, Dex suggested that also..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes, I agree two wrongs don’t make a right..I went down to his level...by shouting back and letting the whole bus station know, what I thought of him.

But none of us are perfect gal are we?

Matey didn’t shout and bawl at you though did he Mups...?

True.
But as you have said, you did your share, and you were probably on camera, so I'd drop the complaint if I were you.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That is your opinion.

You don’t know what purpose my complaint will serve.

I’m sticking with my opinion and it won’t budge just like yours.
Ok Pauline. You feel strongly about it and who am I to argue?

May I ask what you hope your complaint might achieve?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True.
But as you have said, you did your share, and you were probably on camera, so I'd drop the complaint if I were you.

Mups you sent me a pm, which was meant for Pixie...you said you believed me to be unhinged is that correct Mups?
Plus telling her I’m fanatical about my religion,really Mups?
Very malicious and nasty to be gossiping about me by you and Pixie , Mups?

I have the pm if admin wants to see it?...very hurtful Mups and Pixie.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top