Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:44 PM

Re: Bad start...

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
If you're not worried about litigation against you and having your licence to operate removed, you are correct.
It's amazing what one can talk oneself out of! Often only need to do so once but many times that's all that's needed. Contrived ignorance usually works well and once is often all that's needed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:48 PM

From the gov's website.

The receptionist is allowed to ask, but not enforce anyone irrespective of whether you are exempt or not.
he best thing since sliced bread.

Yep! I agree.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's amazing what one can talk oneself out of! Often only need to do so once but many times that's all that's needed. Contrived ignorance usually works well and once is often all that's needed.
I agree. Glad you've owned up to it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I still think Carol should speak to the practice manager, for clarification.
I see what you're saying Janet but I don't really know who she was. I've never seen her behind reception before - what if she IS the practice manager? I'd feel a bit of a fool!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 05:12 PM

I thought since 19th face masks were a matter of choice??
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I see what you're saying Janet but I don't really know who she was. I've never seen her behind reception before - what if she IS the practice manager? I'd feel a bit of a fool!!
What if it’s a he? Please just call and calmly ask for their name, and ask to speak to them. Give a brief description of the woman in question, ask for their name, and say you were unhappy about their treatment of you. No need to raise a voice or be nasty, just state facts. If it IS the same person (but I can’t see that myself), simply ask if it really is the practice policy.

Or even ask to see them tomorrow when at the surgery again. And as the partners have a hold over the practice manager, you could always go over ‘her’ head and make an official complaint.

(I watch the daytime soap Doctors. Does give you a bit of an insight.)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 05:56 PM

The receptionists at our practise are very nice but I have known ones at other places who would have done credit to the SS .
Being behind a desk at a doctors brings out the inner Hitler in some .
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I thought since 19th face masks were a matter of choice??
Yes but it is wise to wear a mask when indoors in public places. Most shops still prefer you to wear masks or visors especially now with the steep rise in the infection rate. I personally always wear a mask when I enter a building. One exception is the hospitality sector for obvious reasons where I suspect many of the infections take place.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 06:16 PM

I agree. Glad you've owned up to it.
Owned up to it? I've lived much of my life based on it especially where my own businesses are concerned! If you limit what you do to what you can do legally you're screwed from the get-go.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Owned up to it? I've lived much of my life based on it especially where my own businesses are concerned! If you limit what you do to what you can do legally you're screwed from the get-go.
My knee jerk reaction to this is a sense of repugnance, horror and disgust.

But, then again, I have to reflect on the fact that as a public servant I never had to face harsh realities in the way you were. I guess that people like myself prostituted ourselves for the common good, whereas people like you had to run and pay for the brothels.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top